“Great place... good service”

Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Modiin, Israel
“Great place... good service”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

we went there for our honeymoon...we spent 10 days in the hotel.
the room itself was spacious with magnificent view.
the hotel maintenance is decent. need some renovation in some parts like the bathroom. the hot-tub was not working and the AC is a little weak. we got our hot-tub fixed after 2 days.
the hotel staff was kind. from the reception trough the restaurant and the pool service to the shuttle services. very friendly and kind.
the hotel has it's own beautiful private beach which was very nice.
the hotel is far from the city so you have to rent a kart or to take a taxi there. we preferred taxi's as the drivers were great and provided us a lot of tips on where to go. don't rent a kart from the hotel. do it in the city, it will be cheaper and the karts there are highly maintained.
for our honeymoon the hotel was exactly what we were looking for, if we will deferentially consider returning there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OfirSahar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Hebrew first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent 4 great nights. Great view, small beach area but well kept, clean, and private. Attentive staff 2 great pools, another large warm saltwater jacuzzi/hot tub that was actually the size of a small pool. Room was clean with powerful AC. Bathroom was nice, clean with a steam shower that was a nice touch. QUality of food in the on-premise restaurant was top notch. Hotel and the Rolandi private "yacht" (in reality it's an aging mid sized boat, but it was clean and in great running condition) were both starting to show age but who amongst us doesnt at some point in time? But for a very nice, relaxing time on a quiet part of the Island, you can't go wrong here. I also noticed that unlike some places, every staff member made it their business to stop whatever they were doing/cleaning when you passed them to look you in the eye, smile, and greet you. This training/touch truly adds to the class of a resort/hotel. I left off one star because of two things: aging of the hotel and the "yacht" (paint, caulk, cracks in concrete..all minor but compared to a brand new place, I have to draw the differentiation in my rating) and no music at all poolside. Yes, I do realize that this is a Hotel designed for a more mature, upscale crowd and not for spring breakers, but it's always relaxing and adds to the ambiance to at least have low level smooth jazz type music playing poolside. Other than that, highly recommend the Rolandi.

1 Thank RB954
new orleans
Reviewed 28 May 2014

what can you say about this great little hideaway besides Magnificent. My husband I returned to the Villa Rolandi in early May. It was a great stay from beginning to end. We had the hotel arrange for transportation from the airport to the dock then on to the Rolandi. very smooth and easy transition. Our room was terrific. Roomy and clean with a breathtaking view. The bathroom is one of my favorites. Love the shower with the steam and multiple shower heads and jets. The staff was so helpful and friendly from the room service, pool, bars and the restaurant. This time I actually took advantage of the Spa. It was so peaceful and relaxing. I had a three service package and would do it again. My ultimate favorite is to just lounge by the pool to read, drink and relax. I also love seeing Jesus again at the restaurant. He is a classic. I was struck by how many of us were repeat guests. I guess when you find paradise, you just want to return. The whole experience feels like you are visiting a friends villa. Very comfortable and casual but with tons of amenities. I am very nervous to hear that they have sold to Zoetry Resorts. I fear that it will lose its small intimate feel. I also have heard that they will allow children. This is a deal breaker for us. My husband and I have children and we love them, but there are some places that are best without them. I just cannot imagine squealing and pool toys at the Villa Rolandi. Not sure if we will return under the new ownership, but our previous stays have been nothing short of amazing. Happy memories for sure!!

2 Thank skippy68
Manhattan
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I returned for our first visit since getting married at Villa Rolandi in 2009 and I can't even begin to tell you how truly amazing and fantastic this place is! From the time you check in until the time you check out, you are waited on hand and foot. The staff and service here is the absolute best I have ever experienced. Here are a few examples: My husband wanted something that was on the menu that they no longer make and the waiter offered to go into town at 8AM the next morning to purchase it and have them prepare it that evening.
There were rose petals and candles lit all around the room when we returned from dinner one night. My husband didn't plan this, the hotel did.
Everyone remembered our wedding there and were so thoughtful.
One morning we wanted to order breakfast early before snorkeling and the kitchen was closed. The receptionist told us that he would have it sent up right away and with in 10 minutes, our breakfast was there!
When you sit by the pool or beach, the servers come around and will bring you anything you want. They are absolutely unbelievable. The servers at dinner are also amazing. Dennis and Jonathan took care of us, never rushed us, and we had so many wonderful conversations with them. The staff truly makes the place!

Now the food! I have traveled a bit and Villa Rolandi has the best food I have ever had. I actually have had dreams about the ceviche since our wedding and ate it every day while we were there. There isn't one thing that passed my lips that wasn't absolutely delicious.

The views are spectacular, the pool is fabulous, and the beach is gorgeous. You don't have to move a muscle and can enjoy every minute of your vacation.

We had great spa services by Ana and I would highly recommend the deep tissue massage.

Lastly, I made a point to speak with the owner before we left to tell him what an outstanding job they are doing and he humbly said to me "it's not because of me but all because of the staff". It was so nice to see the owner recognize and appreciate his employees.

If you are looking for the most relaxing vacation and being treated like royalty, then this is your place! You'll never want to leave.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank TiffanyDerby
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived on a Thursday and left on Monday. Wish we would have had another day. It is the perfect beach getaway if you want a quiet beach with great food and service. The restaurant is fantastic with an Italian flair. The ceviche and Margaret pizza is not to be missed. Also, stop by the Cozy Bar and have a "real " margarita. The hotel staff is very friendly and always ready to help and serve you. There are steps in your room which lead to a patio and might be a challenge if you have mobility problems. The rooms are very spacious and clean but the bathrooms are showing a little age.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Donnats
dallas
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Arrived Saturday afternoon and yacht was waiting on us. Great ride over to island.
Check-in was smooth and easy. Make sure you book your airfare with V.R. yauct hours. We had to pay 80.00 on the trip back to cancun because they do not begin running till 9:30am. Our fault for not checking on this.
Rooms very clean and bed was comfortable.
Restaurant breakfast was the best, no complaints.
Rented a golf cart from V.R.$70.00 plus 16% credit card fee,cheaper to rent downtown but lots easier to just rent it here.
Ate lunch and dinner downtown, lots to choose from (very good seafood at Jax's.)
Hotel pool is awsome.
The staff is what sets this property apart from others............. They try their best to please you.
I will return to this property.
Great vacation, just needed a few more days.

2 Thank leeleeDallas
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife for our anniversary. Loved everything about it! Pool and beach are amazing. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation in a premium hotel, this is it. It's away from the business of the main area. Place to recharge and relax.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Le Blanc Spa Resort
Le Blanc Spa Resort
#1 of 180 in Cancun
5.0 of 5 bubbles 5,702 reviews

Been to Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun? Share your experiences!