“Have stayed 5 times over the years”
Review of Hotel D'Gomar

Hotel D'Gomar
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I haven't always stayed at the Gomar but more than the others. It's a very good budget hotel. I'm writing another review because I saw a nice improvement this trip. The air conditioning unit was replaced in our room with one that had the condenser unit outside on the deck. This made it nice and quite in the room. The ocean view from the room and deck and good location for the money make it a bargain. We had a king bed with a very cold refrigerator. The staff at the Gomar has been with the hotel for many years and can be very helpful. Don't hesitate to ask for recommendations and or needed services. They are building a new ferry port across the street which is going to make a nice improvement to the island. They make some noise weekdays. The higher floors at the Gomar are less noisy. We used the 2nd floor terrace to make some hot dogs for lunch to save on food cost. I see many good things happening on this island. That wasn't the case last year.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Love Frank. Always do helpful, friendly, caring. 3rd year for us staying there. Hoping to go back in summer to see whale sharks. Location is fantastic and the staff is excellent. Carts right downstairs .

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This will be are 4th yr at Isla in March can't wait..Stay with friends at Timeshare for 2wks but then but than look forward to exploring the other areas of Isla..Last year wewe found Hotel D'Gomar ..We rent golf cart next door always at Gomar..met Frank next door at his hotel.. He helped us communicate with rental..very nice..we wanted to stay at his hotel but his 3rd floor balcony was full..we checked when it was open at the end of our stay and booked 3 extra days to stay..We fell in love..it is clean, great friendly staff, fun people watching across from ferry..felt like family as they let us park our golf cart inside every night ..We return this yr 9Mar..I am retired airline employee so dates are never secure do to standby.. But will see Frank & check when we can stay in our favorite room again..This is a value hotel with comfort,atmosphere & the great local flavor of this perfect little island..Can't wait to get there..Don & Donna

Room Tip: Front balcony rooms over street
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My brother stays at Hotel d'Gomar every year and now I know why. I had the opportunity to stay at the Hotel D'Gomar for 4 nights Feb. 4-7th. My girlfriend and I stayed in Room 204 and it was comfortable and clean. The cleaning staff is so sweet. I so enjoy people watching and the little patio area we had was perfect for this. You can take the stairs up to the roof of the hotel and I find that the sunsets from there are just spectacular. I have been coming to the island for over 10 years and some managers of other hotels on the island could take a lesson in politeness from Frank Heredia. He went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. He is such a gentleman and really cared that our stay at the hotel be a positive one. He let us hang out in his lobby for a long period of time with our luggage as we waited for our ferry. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to good restaurants, budget food and events taking place on the island.

Janice H.
Minneapolis, MN

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JaniceH456
Reviewed 15 February 2013

My husband & I just spent 2 weeks at Hotel D'Gomar (Jan 25-Feb 2013), this was our 5th time staying there, first 2 times were just a few days coming over from Cancun, we fell in the love with the hotel, the island, the staff & the hotel manager Frank Heredia. Our next 3 trips we stayed at Hotel D'Gomar for the entire 2 weeks. We arrived late on our last trip & Frank had stayed around just to welcome us because we are "family". On Jan 29 it was my husbands bday, Frank was at our door first thing in the morning with a cake (he did the same for me July 9). We have done Cancun 13 times will never go back, Isla & Hotel D' Gomar always. Hotel is very clean & friendly, recommend 100%.

Room Tip: rooms at the front are the best for people watching the streets, but very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I was at this Hotel for one week , and I like it is like 2 or 3 stars hotel , was clean, nice bed, nice view from the 3 floor, hot water, airconditioner works pretty good, and the Internet is so fast but just works at the first floor, ,,, reasonable price, is close to the ferryboat, restaurants, beach,Atm, rentalcars, etc

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Verito23
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Our first experience with Mexico and after having to rush around to find a hotel after our reservations for another hotel were messed up we were completely satisfied with Hotel Gomar.
The rooms were clean and the bathroom was very nice. The beds were comfortable. As one reviewer mentioned the bedcover was from another decade but nothing to worry about. There was someone at the front desk 24/7 for security. There is a nice patio area that has coffee in the morning and we used to meet with friends in the evening. Frank, the manager, is great and always friendly. Many of the other people there that we spoke to have been there many times and keep coming back. When we go back we will stay there again. Really enjoyed the first experience.

Room Tip: We didn't have a room with a fridge. They do have them and its a must for ice and other items su...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends