“Thanks Frank”
Review of Hotel D'Gomar

Hotel D'Gomar
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Late in reviewing but had a great time at this simple hotel. Located right next to ferry stop our room was large, simple and clean. Short walk to beaches and town. Frank very helpful with requests. The hotel reflected Isla - a simple relaxed atmoshpere with no pretensions. We found Isla a great place to relax and finish our 3 week holiday around Yucatan.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 February 2009

The Gomar is a delightful hotel. While its facade is not the prettiest it has nice, clean, airy rooms with terrific views of the East and West sides of the island. The owner is helpful, and courteous.
For value, this is a terrific place. The rooms are spacious, the bathrooms large, and there is a lovely communal open air kitchen for guest use. Some of the corner rooms, best views, have fridges, and are more $$.
This was a far better choice than Las Palmas--a step up from a hostel--or the overpriced (new) Roca Mar, which is like vacationing in a concrete prison.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank greenroad
Reviewed 19 January 2009

We have been to Isla Mujeres many times staying at different hotels each time. Well , to say Hotel D Gomar was fair would be wrong.The room was very spotless, clean, w/a/c, a small refrigerator and a t.v.. Frank, the mgr was very kind on helping us with everything we needed. Free coffee is offered each morning on the deck facing the ferry docks. So if you want to get away from the hustle of Cancun ,Hotel D Gomar is your place to enjoy and relax on Isla Mujeres. This will be our home next time we visit the island of the women. Keep up the good work Frank !

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank abby&jake
Reviewed 27 October 2008

the staff was great.........................room was great...............the view of the harbor was great............................................

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank efjmg
Reviewed 20 March 2008

Definitely good value for money. I walked in and booked a room for 4 nights, quickly extending my stay when I realised that I was getting good value.

Room 401

Pros:

The cost - $55 per room per night with A/C.
The view from the roof. It's not an official terrace, but it's a good view with a beer or two in hand.
The owner. Friendly, helpful and informative.
The bathroom. No tub, but a nice walk-in shower (which had a great view over the main town!)

Cons:

No lift. Thankfully I only had to lug my suitcase up the stairs once.
Noisy A/C.
No TV. Not that much of a loss really.

I'd happily stop here again if on a budget, but I think next time I might splash out at the Nautibeach for the pool. I saw a room at another hotel for $35 per night and I wouldn't let my dog stay in it, so for me this hotel was a great find. And you couldn't get closer to the ferry entrance!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
4  Thank FozzieBear2005
Reviewed 10 March 2008

This was my first visit to the island and decided to go the cheaper route for my lodging. The staff is very nice and our room was very clean. I was surprised by how nice the bathroom was kept. It was nicer than some cheaper hotels in the states I have stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaclynNorthAurora
Reviewed 6 February 2008

Ok, it's not the nicest hotel on the Island, but it's clean and safe. There is someone at the front desk day and night. I had a king suite on the third floor. It had a nice view and my room had a fridge, TV and AC. The hotel has a great location which is close to everything downtown. I enjoyed my 11 day stay there and will probably stay there again next time.

• Stayed: January 2008