“Better than "Excellent" !”
Review of Casa de los Suenos

Casa de los Suenos
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed 30 December 2012

A visit to Casa de los Suenos is a must for any visitor to the Yucatan Peninsula, it is such a special hotel. The rooms are all beautiful and the owner has taken huge trouble to think like a guest about what makes for a great home from home experience. There was fresh coffee and orange juice at our door each morning, the most comfortable beds, powerful showers, free mini-bar and views to die for. To add to this the setting is private, with free use of the canoes and snorkel gear and all the communal areas are tastefully decorated and inviting. I also had by far the best food of my holiday, the Chef was exceptional and I recommend a visit to the restaurant whether or not you are staying. Finally the staff were wonderful, incredibly helpful and friendly. The island itself is a lovely place, use the hotels free bikes to cycle around. I could have easily spent my whole holiday there, and if I can find an excuse will definitely return!

Room Tip: We stayed in Harmony which had incredible views, if you are after something really special the Presi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

If you're looking to unwind and check out for a bit, focus on your love and the waves and the beach and the sun, then you should certainly consider heading to isla Mujeres, a safe haven of surpassing beauty and friendly people off the coast of Cancun. If however you want to take this experience to the next level, so that your mind is full of beautiful paintings from so many moments of your time on the Isla, then you should strongly consider staying at the Casa de Suenos. Hands down the most lovely hotel that we saw on the most peaceful piece of land in an out of the way location ( though not more than a ten minute ride - 60 pesos from the salsa clubs and restaurant rows). Sunsets there are not to be believed. They are gods way of letting human beings know he exists.

The proprietor Patti is on the premises and keeps a watchful but friendly eye towards optimizing the experience of the hotel guests and their guests as well. The food is nicely served and the overall feel of the place from the spa to the infinity pool is one of tranquility. It's charmingly decorated in a homey style with a couch area in the lobby with some games to pass the evenings fr people who prefer daytime activities and while there isn't a beach per say there is snorkeling and kayaking right out the back next to a beautiful downstairs bar that rivals ones that I've seen in the nicest places in Thailand and the Maldives.

Can you tell I liked it?

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Gregory S
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My wife and i stayed there the last 4 days of november. It is a 10 room boutique hotel. It is spectacular. The room had a great view of Cancun and the water. The food, service, ambience,everything was great. Would go back in a minute.

Room Tip: Only 10 rooms 2 suites, they all look great. we had "peace"
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2012

My sister and I had a great time staying at Casa de Suenos! What we loved was the complimentary use of the kayaks, snorkel equipment, and bikes. Added bonuses were the meditation room, lovely decor, books of Mexican History/Art, and the coffee and orange juice at the door each morning!

The staff was very sweet and attentive, particularly Ana, who gave us a tour, helped us get a taxi, arranged for massages in the spa, got us a late check out, and entertained me practicing my spanish, despite her complete fluency in English!

We took a trip to the downtown (and a few other touristy parts in the Yucattan), after those excursions, we knew how lucky we were to have stayed at Casa de Suenos! This part of the island is quiet quaint. and relaxing.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Harmony room. Lovely view of the ocean from our balcony (not directly on the water...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2012

my husband and I stopped here one day while exploring the island by golf cart. What a wonderful place. We had a few beers at the bar. They were the coldest beers we had on Isla. We were staying in Centro, but this place is amazing, we met one of the owners, who gave us a tour of the presidential suite. would love to stay at this resort, but is beyond our budget. I am not saying it is not worth the price or too expensive, but is out of my price range. would like to save to spend a few nights here as I am sure it would be a wonderful stay. owner was extremely nice , property was beautiful and clean and bar service was excellent. this place will blow you away

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wtharm
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Went on a day trip to Isla Mujeres and found this beautiful boutique hotel. We ended up spending four days there. The service, hospitality, and food were awesome. It truly felt like paradise. You have to experience this place. I'll be back...

Room Tip: All rooms have a beautiful view..
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alma D
Reviewed 4 November 2012

What a diamond in the rough, except nothing there is in the rough. We found Casa de los Suenos by accident and what a find! We had a bad experience at another hotel and ended up staying here for 3 nights. I've traveled quite a bit and usually stay at big all inclusive resorts but from now on, the only place I want to go back to is Casa de los Suenos. I just don't have enough good words for the staff and management. Nothing is overlooked there! So many little things that count from the coffee/tea and OJ at your door at 7:30 every morning to the make-up mirror. The rooms are just beautiful, the beds so comfortable, the Presidential Suite magnificent, the food is fabulous, the drinks delicious, the views magnificent and the infinity pool is just too beautiful. They have a yoga room and nice spa.The thing that impressed me the most, though, was the staff. I had some trouble with my passport being stolen (from the other hotel we had left) and I just thank God I was at Casa de los Suenos! They helped me so much, I just can't tell you! Typed out directions for me, sent one of the staff with me to file a police report. Such a comfort to me in a stressful situation. Just trust me about this place. You will love it and be very impressed! If there were 10 stars, I'd give all of them to Casa de los Suenos!

Room Tip: Well, if I could choose, I'd choose the Presidential Suite! It has it's own infinity pool an...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends