“Beautiful, peaceful” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Alexandria, Virginia
“Beautiful, peaceful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here in March 2014 with a group of friends. For the first few days we couldn't leave the gorgeous infinity pool overlooking the beach. The staff is friendly and very helpful (Thanks, Max!), food very good. It's within walking distance to the ruins and a $8 taxi ride the the north beach. On site there are free kayaks and snorkel equipment.

Downside: the hotel allows smoking around the pool and the restaurants. This was a disgusting shocker to me and smokers were oblivious to others. I hope this policy is changed!

If you warm weather, aqua blue water, relaxation away from the crowds, this small island has it all! 30 minute ferry ride from Cancun.

Room Tip: Request a from with an ocean view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

This review is long over due. My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon last November. We drove up from Tulum just for a change. Honestly we didn't see much of the island because we stayed in presidential suite at Casa de Los Suenos and figured why go anywhere else! The space and service were spectacular...honestly we have never stayed in a room so nice. Actually its not really a room, it is a small palace. Just go and relax next to the infinity pool and you will know what I am talking about.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Casa de los Suenos is amazing; the property, staff, location, is all great. Patty-owner was so helpful in helping me arrange my 40th birthday party, she was full of suggestions, and was quick to respond to my emails whenever I had a question. It all turned out as planned, and this will always be a very memorable birthday week.
Max S and JJ the front desk agents were so helpful and were always available and proactive to assist, and they walked us through everything the hotel and the rooms included to make sure we made use of all their amenities.
Sylvia and Theo (the breakfast waiters) always greeted us with a smile and made sure our food came out as requested. Every morning Sylvia delivered fresh squeezed oj. Normally the oj served, is mixed, but I didn't like the punch oj mix, so when I let her know, she made sure to give me fresh oj for the rest of my stay, and the coffee that is delivered to the room every morning is delicious.
Gonzo and the rest of the bar team by the beach bar, were full of energy and made the best Pina Coladas and Margaritas. There's also an awesome Happy Hour at the bar, with nice music.
I stayed at Casa de los Suenos for 4-days, and we had the Harmony room and the Luna room, and they were both very clean with comfy beds.
On one of the nights I celebrated my birthday in the Presidential Suite and that suite is GORGEOUS. I had dinner catered to the suite and the food was delicious. I ordered the Mole Enchiladas, Tortilla Soup, rice and beans, Bananna Bread Pudding, and guacamole & Chips. The food was so good that we are still talking about how good it was and how we want more, considering we all had two serving the first nights, and ate left overs the next morning. I believe Raul is the name of the chef and his assistant were, AWESOME. Theu made sure we had enough food, and would frequently come check up and make sure everything was filled. I had the dinner catered by the pool area and the way they set it up was very nice, and we were also able to enjoy our dinner while watching the sunset. Thanks to Jason the catering mgr. who helped in arranging my birthday dinner. I ran into Jason the first night I was there and he came and introduced himself and assured me that my bday dinner would turn out as planned, which it did.
It was nice to wake up the next morning and see the beautiful view from my bedroom in the presdential suite, the walls are huge glass windows that overlook this gorgeous view of the private infinity pool and the ocean, while listening to the birds sing in the morning. That morning my friends and family, who were staying at the hotel ,all woke up early and joined me for a morning swim in my private infinity pool and had pancakes with a birthday candle delivered to me in the patio. Max S also sang Happy Birthday when he was delivering the pancake birthday cake. : )
And to end my birthday week I got a massage from their spa. By the way if your staying in the Presidential Suite, the suite has it's own private entrace to the spa. : ) Juanita was the one who gave me my Swedish Massage and she is really good, I was so relaxed I fell asleep a couple of times. The hotel has kayaks for the guest, so the day before we had gone kayaking and I was a little sore from kayaking so the massage came in handy. I was so relaxed, and sad I had to come back home to reality.
If your looking for a place to forget about everything and just relax and enjoy the company of those your traveling with.... Casa de los Suenos is the place to be. None of their rooms have TV's or clocks, so you litterally get to appreciate and emerge yourself in the momment.
Normally when I travel, I'm always on a time schedule and doing all these tours, but this time the hotel has so much to offer that we actually all stayed in and took advantage of everything the hotel has to offer. The food was so good at the hotel, that we didn't even want to go out to eat dinner elsewhere. Try the chorizo meatloaf, mole enchiladas, onion soup, tortilla soup, banana bread pudding, they are all so delicious.
Everyone who joined me in my birthday week celebration can't wait to come back to Casa de los Suenos. Thanks to everyone at Casa de Los Suenos for making my milestone 40th birthday one ot the best birthdays ever.
*** I will post the pixs seperately.

Room Tip: You must splurge at least one day in the Presidential Suite the view is amazing and it's nice to...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Valeria411
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed with my husband for 1 night in this wonderful paradise. The hotel is 100% as advertised, very beautifully built, love the infinity pool and the private pier. Love the live music at the sunset bar, food was amazing. Really love the hotel

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suet_Yu
Grand Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I spend two beautiful days at this hotel with friends. It was are first trip to Mexico and our last stop on our vacation. We were pleasantly surprised and appreciated the warm welcome and hospitality of Casa de Los Suenos. The staff was politely and helpful.Patty the owner was awesome...We had a fishing trip booked and the owner Patty went out of her way to have a fantastic lunch packed for us to take at no charge. Also, Jason let us know the kitchen would open early for us and set a table so we didn't leave without a complimentary breakfast on our trip home. The Harmony room was fantastic, great views, clean and comfy. The food was great wand beautifully presented. They have complementary bikes, kayaks, snorkel gear and wifi. We would love to visit again

Room Tip: Harmony has a great view and two double beds directly across from a peaceful yoga room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stacy716
Winona, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Once we finally arrived to this hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. This is a beautiful gem that is tucked away. Our room, the Sol, was beautiful and overlooked the infinity pool and ocean. The bar down on the water was beautiful and you could watch the sun set over Cancun from our table. The band was nice and chill and the staff was very accommodating. We had the best night!

The day we left, our golf cart wouldn't start and the man at the front desk was so very helpful in trying to help us out. We much appreciate his help!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katie H
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is amazingly beautiful, with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The staff is very helpful, advised us on activities, arranged tours, taxis, dinner reservations, and anything else we needed. They have a calm ocean dock with a small area for swimming, but we often took a quick taxi down to playa Norte (gorgeous beach) in the morning ( because it gets crowded by 11am) then retuned to spend a great late afternoon by the pool, eating tapas and enjoying the amazing Piña Coladas at the hotel. They have great food, live music for happy hour, and sunset on their pier is breath taking. We liked being on the quieter side of the island, and it's very easy and cheap to get to the busier north side. An absolute best choice for luxury, service, beauty, and fun.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple