“Thanks for taking us on a great adventure”

Island Boat Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a new company providing aquatic attractions to our customers, which are looking the marvelous of the ocean secrets. Kept them in Isla Mujeres which is a tourist destination located in the Mexican Caribbean. We Offer a variety of water attractions like Snorkel, Fishing, boat charters, scuba diving and our main goal swimming with the whale shark.
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Thanks for taking us on a great adventure”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We took this trip in July of 2013. Marla Bainbridge hooked us up with these guys and they didn't disappoint. The trip out is kind of long but once out there, the whale sharks are amazing! The guys were very nice and fun.

Shannon, Matt, and Luke

Visited July 2013

Lake Charles, Louisiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“SHARKS!!”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This was our 3rd trip to Isla Mujeres but our first trip to see the whale sharks. We were completely satisfied with our booking with Island Boat Adventures. The company picked us from our hotel (Avalon) and brought us to the boat. There was a 30-35 minute boat ride offshore to deep blue waters. Since we went at the end of the season we saw maybe 20-30 sharks but that was perfect for us. It was a gorgeous day but rough seas. I would recommend if you get sea sick to please take precautions. I have never been sea sick but for some reason on this day I was. The guides were very informational and friendly. After swimming in the deep blue ocean we retreated to shallow waters to snorkel. It was beautiful. We are very happy that we booked the tour and that we decided to book with Island Boat Adventures.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank latisha g
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
“Whale Shark Swim”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Yesterday we went with Island Boat Adventures on a Whale Shark swim. It was completely awesome and a must for everyone. The tour was completely organized and everything ran on time. The captain was knowledgeable and provided for the safety of the tourists while the drive guides informational and right at your side. There was an entire herd of Whale Sharks with clear visibility. The captain was able to get us in short distance from the Whale Sharks for each drop off. It was amazing to swim so close that you could see even all the little fish feeding directly below the Whale Shark! You must add this adventure to your "TO DO" list!

Visited July 2012
Arlington, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“DON'T BOTHER”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

My friends & I went on the adventrue in September. We were not given any instruction prior to the "swim" on what to do or expect. The expectation we had was to swim with the whale sharks in clear water from the web site pictures. Once we reached the area (well past Contoy) the driver & assistant were looking for the whale sharks. It felt like we were stalking the whale sharks. We were told "4 people get ready" , then once one was spotted we 4 were on the side of the boat and told to jump in. Once in the water they yelled "LOOK DOWN! LOOK DOWN". When I looked down, all I could see was spots. The whale shark was the same color as the water. As the whale shark swam toward my feet, they yelled "SWIM, SWIM". The whale shark was gone under the boat and that was it. I do not feel that $142/person was worth it. Very dissappointing.

Visited September 2011
Arlington, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“BUYER BEWARE”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My wife an myself,and two friends went on there whale shark tour on 9/6/11. To start web site completely deceptive. It shows nice blue water and people swimming under water with them FALSE. What you really do is go try and find them . You start in nice blue water then it goes brown greenish. When they find one they tell four people get on the side of the boat.Then they try to get close you jump out and try to keep up a fish that's trying to get away good luck. When you look down if your lucky you'll see yellow spots.You can only see about two feet in front of you. When I asked the boat hand about the muddy water he said they like blue water around here. I was told by Enrique it was a money back if you don't have a encounter with a whale shark I didn't. I have sent three emails for a refund with NO RESPONCE. This tour is a scam BEWARE.

Visited September 2011