“we loved it and will surely go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel el Paraiso

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Hotel el Paraiso
Ranked #18 of 36 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Corona, California
“we loved it and will surely go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

My husband and I just came back from Isla Mujeres, and had the pleasure of staying at El Paraiso Hotel for 5 nights. The staff at el paraiso are local people who treated us like family members, they were great. I was supper impressed on how new and clean the hotel is. I was even more impressed on how large the rooms are. I have been to isla many times and let me tell you that there is no other small hotel compared to El Paraiso.
The hotels location is perfect, we didnt hear any traffic noice or people talking. we loved the valconies cause you can see a perfect view of the island and the carribean. no one ever bother us for house keeping, when we came back to our room, it was super clean.
When we asked them what do they recommend we should do while staying at the island, they gaves us complete information on what was available. They even helped us save money on tours by connecting us with the local people. We asked other poeple for regular prices, we realice we had saved over 20% with their help. Thank you salome and pili for making our trip a wonderfull one. See you soon.

Room Tip: try to saty on the second or third floor, they have the best view
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank sandra o

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2010

We stayed from 23 to 30 January. We selected Paraiso, because of its location in a slightly quieter area of Centro and because of its overall facilities.
We found it very pleasant and well located and unbelievably clean. I wonder if perhaps they could have been a little better prepared for us, as we had to ask for towels and later a light for reading at night. The only problem we really had was that when we arrived there was no hot water and this did not finally get fixed until our third day (as Sunday was our second). While it was a little inconvenient, however "cold" water in Mexico is not nearly as cold as cold water in Massachusetts in winter, so it did not really inconvenience us that much. The only reason I did not rate this hotel even higher is because the bed was a little too firm for me, though my wife did sleep fine. I must also comment on the size of the room which was large and our small balcony afforded a view north of centro and we could see the water on both sides of the island.I think the hotel would benefit from a few minor touches here and there such as coffee makers, bedside lamps and perhaps safes, although I have to say I never felt remotely unsafe in or anywhere near this hotel. One aspect of this hotel that particularly impressed me was the ability of the housekeeper to almost invisibly clean our room. We have traveled extensively in Europe, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Mexico and the United States, but never before could we ever say that during a week long stay we were never disturbed once by or walked in on the housekeepers cleaning our room. Given the location and the value for money, it astounded me that there were so few rooms occupied. Our room had a spacious fridge, microwave and a pleasnt bathroom, though the water pressure was poor (something I am told is commonplace in Mexico). There is also a small pool, but as this is unheated, I would say it is only going to be a factor during the very hottest months of summer.
The manager was always very cheerful and pleasant as were the young man and young lady who shared reception duty.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank DuncanH
elparaiso2010, Owner at Hotel el Paraiso, responded to this review, 5 August 2011
Hi, thanks for your comment, what do you suguest we improve? thanks