“Thumbs up queso fundido - Thumbs down bloody mary”
Review of Don Chepo

Don Chepo
Ranked #133 of 219 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I've had queso fundid less than 10 times but this was my favourite so far! Normally I wouldn't mix meat with cheese but I did...chorizo, mushrooms and cheese. A big gooey delicious mess along with tortillas. It's certainly not a healthy meal/snack but I was on holidays lol.

On the other hand...and it's my own fault...the bloody mary...yikes..that was really horrible. I probably shouldn't have ordered it as I'm not sure how many places actually have tomato juice..lesson learned.

Service was friendly and fast. I'd go back there again. :-)

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Some meals were good, some were not. The staff were very stressed maybe because of the boss. And nobody there speak english, Habla espagnol? You must.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Many tours to Isla Mujeres dock at or near the downtown area and car/people ferries). The area contains a lot of shops with aggresive peddlers and over-priced merchandise, but in the middle of all the chaos is the oasis of Don Chepo Bar & Grill. We settled in to a couple of chairs outside and were treated to friendly service, two-for-one Cold beers for $4 US and good food. We were not bothered by anyone while we were there - it was so nice.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

We sat outside on the "Hildago Strip| in early evening. We decided to try Don Chepos and we were pleased with the food and service. Not spectacular, but good value and pleasant staff. The menu had some interesting variations. We noticed that the tables started to fill up as it got closer to 9:00 pm, which seems to be the norm on this strip.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

We had been searching for great tacos after finding the best drinks and best nachos. Lo and behold, we found them just when we needed them. Awesome food, attentive service, good drinks, and great outdoor tables. We shall return!