“Fresh juice, great cinnamon rolls, awesome staff”
Review of Rooster Cafe

Rooster Cafe
Ranked #10 of 219 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Breakfast was the bomb! Potatoes with breakfast were great. Fresh bread was very tasty. Bacon yum! Homemade jam. Staff way friendly!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,604)

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had breakfast here one morning. And then we kept coming back. We tried many items on the menu and they were all delicious. Service was good and the food was delicious. I thought it was priced about the same as the other restaurants on the island.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We've come here so many times I've lost count over three trips to the isla. My husband and I are proud owners of a Rooster t-shirt and a Rooster mug that I drink out of at my office in the USA, drinking coffee while I am not there and lamenting that I was. My husband is addicted to their Caribbean eggs benedict, which is "Caribbean" in that it is served with a spiny lobster tail. We've also come to samplel and really love their chicken tacos, one of the best gazpachos I've ever had (spicy and sweet and perfect for the hot weather), a curry chicken salad, and some kind of a grilled flat bread sandwich. We keep repeating our favorites there, so sorry we haven't reviewed more menu items, but we stick with what we love. Oh, our friends had their smoothies, which were also thick and excellent.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

My sister recommended we go here for breakfast. We ended up not going until lunchtime but they didn't give me any grief about ordering from the breakfast menu like many American restaurants would have. That was a good start. Our server was very friendly and was all smiles. Her favorite thing on the menu is the Caribbean Benedict, which is like a regular Benedict but with a lobster tail and on their own homemade bread rather than English muffin. It was rich and decadent, exactly what I was expecting. Yum! Hubby ordered fish tacos with a cup of gazpacho. The soup was really nice. It was delicate but flavorful. It is the perfect warm weather food. If I wasn't so full, I would have gotten my own bowl of gazpacho. Next time we are here, we will for sure be back.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The staff are very friendly, the food excellent. I only had breakfast there, and enjoyed every morning, watching life walk passed. Internet access is good and I certainly suggest you try Rooster when you walk Hildago in the mornings.