“Amazing”

Ranked #8 of 218 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Price range: US$4 - US$6
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Pita Amore - A unique fusion of Mediterranean and Mexican cuisine, prepared with love, on a family-secret pita bread. Chino, vegetarian, chicken and beef and beef with egg ommelet. Nicely basted with a pesto, grilled to perfection on a plancha. Topped of with the secrets of our French Culinary Institute of New York Graduate Chef Ricardo.This food is addictive - a single visit just doesn't cut it. Unbelievable to find this quality of food in Isla Mujeres near Cancun Quintana Roo Mexico.
Reviewed 29 August 2013

They have 4 different pitas, one of which is vegetarian and all of them are amazing.
This is the 3rd time I've been on the island and the 3rd time I've eaten here and its always a treat.
Since they don't have a license to sell alcohol your allowed to bring your own. A red wine would go great with them.
Don't forget to save room for the best flan that my friends and I have ever eaten.

1  Thank Hostel_FunkyMonkey

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Tiny place - limited selection. We had 2 of the 5 choices and were delighted with both. More Indian than Greek, with fabulous curry sauces.

1  Thank somanybooks523
Reviewed 10 August 2013

There's no getting around it: no visit to Isla is complete without at least one (I said, at least one) visit to this delightful, charming, inviting "joint". And, as I wrote in a previous TA "review", in ALL the VERY best sense of the word. Yes, PIta Amore is one of those very unique and wonderful spots you come across every once in a great while.

Great (inexpensive) food - the mushroom and garlic sauce is a must! (as is the incredible flan - maybe the best I've ever had) - terrific and thoughtful service (kudos to Luis!!!!) and, yes, a great atmosphere (simple, simple, simple).

And I wouldn't have it any other way!

Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

This place is nothing more than it intends to be. It does pitas with meat, you bring your own booze, there´s various options including a vegetarian one, and there´s a desert.

I had a chicken pita and brought a few cans of beer. The quality of the meat was incredible for México, and I really enjoyed my beers which I had bought from the local super-market for next to nothing. There was also some home-made sauce on the table which the waiter warned me was ¨spicey¨. I had some, it was great, and not that spicy. I guess that was meant as a warning to Americans, not those of us who are used to late-night British-Indio cuisine.

Didn´t try the desert, but the walls are covered with graffiti from happy customers who claim it´s fantastic (no joke).

Considering that most restaurants on Islas Mujeres are simply the definition of an over-priced tourist trap, this place is a right little gem, and deserves all the success it gets.

1  Thank SeasonedLuncher
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I walked to Pita Amore one evening when I needed a quick, light dinner. I'd had a late lunch and didn't need something large. Pita Amore fit the bill perfectly. The décor is quite interesting. Visitors have signed their names on the walls and beams throughout the entire dining area. It was fun to read the notes while I waited for my food to be cooked. They have a limited menu--a few different choices of pitas. I ordered chicken. It was cooked in front of me, as the grill was located within the seating area. It took all of 5 minutes, at most. I ordered it to go and enjoyed my delicious pita back at my hotel. When done, I didn't really feel hungry, but it was so good, had I ordered two, I'd have eaten two. Price wise, I could have done so. The pita was $49 pesos, which is the equivalent of $3.77 USD. Two would be perfect if you had a normal appetite at dinner. A great little place!

1  Thank SLN23