“What a fun time!”

Fayne's
Ranked #68 of 210 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated on Hidalgo Avenue, Isla’s main street, Fayne's offers a relaxed and friendly environment to listen to live guitar music during your dinner. The evening’s party begins at 10:30pm with The Band with No Name, the best of American and Latino music as well as Caribbean rhythms. This lively and fun atmosphere is what has made Fayne's an island favorite since 2001. Year after year we welcome our friends who visit us and make Fayne's a unique place. Fayne's casual concept includes an extensive liquor bar and a menu where Mexican and Caribbean cuisine is respected for the original recipes, steaks and fresh seafood obtained from local fishermen.
Kingman, Arizona
“What a fun time!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

After 5 years of coming to the Island I recently discovered this bar. Loved the staff and we had fun with the band who played great rock music and kept us dancing. I can't wait to go back next year!

Visited April 2014

“Atmosphere better than the food”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The live music is great and it's a fun place to hang out and watch the street performers. The food is just okay. We all got one of the specials and they weren't anything spectacular. Our waiter become overly enthusiastic after listening to him for a couple of hours, and was downright annoying by the time we left. But we did get a few free bottles of wine for our big group, so that was nice!!! I'd go back for the entertainment, but maybe eat somewhere else beforehand.

• Visited June 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“plato mexicano is the best!!!!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to go out for dinner instead of taking in the all inclusive for a 4th straight night, and to my surprise we came across this gem of a place on Hildago...the main reason we stopped was the guy out front stopped us as we were walking and told us that we were walking past the best food on the street...and belueve it or not....he was point on...my wife has the arrecharra steak and it was cooked to perfection on a charcoal grill and I had the plato mexicano...all I can say is yummm...by far the best mexican food ive had since being on Isla...and very reasonable in price..we both had a couple of beers and two meals and our bill was less than 40 bucks...cant beat it!!!

Visited June 2014
Seattle
“Delicious! Luis is the man”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

A very hyper, excited and friendly guy named Luis showed us their 'specials' which were either lobster/rib eye, lobster/some fish, red snapper, grouper. We were interested and promised him we would eat there. He said we would get a free chicken soup or green salad. He seemed really excited about it too. The lobster there is.... Amazing. It is so delicious. He said that it is cooked in white wine/garlic something like that. We got the surf and turf the first time which included veggies, baked potato, lobster, rib eye steak, rice. It was really good but the steak wasn't something so amazing that we would get it again. For the price of I think around $20 for all of that- it's a good deal. The second time we went, we just wanted the lobster. 129 pesos (around $10) for the amazing lobster, veggies, rice. Also got chips and beans for free. The drinks were also 2x1 at around 85 pesos. Definitely worth eating here! I don't know how Luis does it but somehow he gets a lot of customers to eat there with his funny, talkative and loud personality! If you are walking down that street you will definitely not miss this restaurant - Luis will catch you!

Alice, Texas
“Best Lobster”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I don't know why this place isn't in the top 10!! This was our second visit for lobster and we weren't disappointed. Perfectly grilled lobster with fresh garlic butter, potatoes, salad & steamed veggies. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!! Thanks Luis