“Other tours as well...”

US$400.00*
and up
Advanced Open Water Diver Course in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Owner description: Squalo Adventures is a friendly and professional dive shop, located on beautiful Isla Mujeres. We offer scuba diving trips for beginners and experienced scuba divers, keeping groups small for a guaranteed personal service. We offer a full range of PADI courses, from 1 day experience programmes like the Discover Scuba Diving course, to Open Water Diver, Advance, Rescue, Divemaster courses and speciality courses too! We offer shallow dives close to the island with great visibility, calm conditions and little current, ideal for divers with less experience. Choose from several great dive sites, such as the amazing Underwater Museum (MUSA) and Cross of the Bay, to see how sculptures made of PH neutral concrete can develop over time to create a new flourishing marina habitat for local aquatic flora and fauna.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Other tours as well...”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Although Squalo Adventures is primarily a diving tour centre, we actually booked other tours with them and they were fantastic.

We booked our swimming with dolphins at Dolphin discovery, Garrafon Park and Chichen Itza (Mayan ruins) tours all through the company and they were very helpful & informative.

Have to say Carlos from Squalo Adventures who booked our tours was brilliant. Very helpful, honest, professional and friendly.

We would definitely recommend them.

Visited June 2014

Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great dives and staff!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My partner and I did 2 days of diving and 1 day of snorkeling with the Whale Sharks. Andres and team were fantastic! I emailed a couple different shops for pricing and information. Andres was fast and efficient. He communicated very well, and because of this and reading past reviews, we decided to go with them.
When we got there, we went to the shop the first day - but then were picked up right on our dock of our resort the next couple which was SO convenient. We were specific with what we wanted to see, and they stuck to the plan when we got there which was nice. We had 2 dive masters with us on each trip, with only 5 divers.

Andres also communicated with us via email throughout the week, and also his sister (who also works there) personally dropped off 2 cds of pictures and videos for us at our resort so we didn't have to go back downtown to get them on our last day.
They were VERY accommodating. It was great! Diving was also amazing!
We also would definitely recommend the whale shark snorkel. If you are there in the season, you will miss out on a tremendous experience if you don't do this! It is about an hour boat ride that is bumpy, so be prepared for that. Once you get there, you will soon forget with these amazing fish! We also were able to see 4 manta rays. The crew was fun and great! Very impressed with the captain and navigating the huge ocean waves. (And the shrimp ceviche they made was one of the best we have had - after our snorkel)
You will not be disappointed with Squaloadventures and crew!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gina G
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Awesome crew!!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I decided to get my open water certification in Isla Mujeres, and stumbled upon Squalo!!!
All the staff were great and made sure i felt safe and comfortable in the water!!!
No better way to get certified, than seeing turtles, a small reef shark, underwater museum etc...
Dive master Andy was awesome, and would definitely go back to perhaps swim with the whale sharks!!
They also let me 'bring a buddy' on my last dive, so my girlfriend came, who was scared of the idea of diving. They made her relaxed, and comfortable, and now she loves it! Highly recommend!

Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“First time diver, great experience”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I did my PADI scuba certification here. Everything went smoothly and I had a great experience. Stephanie (the blonde British lady) was my instructor, and she was wonderful. She's a great teacher. Being my first time diving, I was a bit nervous, but she made me feel totally safe and made the whole experience a lot of fun. I was lucky enough to be her only student the day I signed up for the certification course, so it was nice to have one-to-one attention. Everyone in the dive shop was very nice, and their prices seemed similar (maybe slightly cheaper) than some of the other dive shops nearby.

I would highly recommend this dive shop, and if I'm ever back in Isla, I will definitely dive with them again!

Visited March 2014
Ontraio, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Thanks Andreas and Squalo Divers”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I arrived on Isla Mujeres on February 28th for a 10 day dive vacation. When I arrived the dive shop where I had previously booked my diving was not located where it was shown on the map, and inquiries at various tour booking kiosks and other dive shops said that the company I had booked with wasn't in business anymore. I was wondering how I was going to save my holiday. Then , by chance I ran into Andreas the owner of Squalo Divers. He put me in touch with the dive shop I had booked my dives with, and when I found out the shop I had intended to book my diving with wasn't diving the next day he said he had a group going out and suggested I go with them. I did 5 days diving and 2 night dives with Squalo Divers and had a very good experience with them. Squalo has a very good team of employees from the people in the office that take the bookings to the dive instructors and dive masters and including the young guys who haul your gear to the beach and back for you. Every one is friendly and helpful. Andreas is a great guy and does his best to plan dive sites that are varied, interesting and safe for every one on the boat that day. This isn't always easy because of different skill levels among the divers each day. But he did a great job and I can honestly say that the diving I did with Squalo was among the best I've done over the last 25 years. And I've been diving all over the world. Some of that is luck, some of it is the location, but a lot of it has to do with the people who are organizing and guiding the dives. I have no reservations recommending Squalo Divers to anyone who wants to dive while visiting Isla Mujeres whether your a complete beginner or have hundreds of dives under your belt.
Thanks Andreas I really appreciate how well you and your team treated me while I was diving with you.

Visited March 2014