“Barlito's get's better every time”
Review of Barlito

Barlito
Ranked #16 of 218 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Barlito Marino Paraiso offers daily outdoor dining with fresh made to order entrees highlighting the incredible fresh produce, locally caught fish & meats of the Yucatan with our wonderful homemade baked goods. An incredible setting on the bay with tree covered dining areas, beautiful views & lots of natural wildlife. Our menu options include homemade bagels, salads, nachos, pizzas, fish n chips, shrimp & paninis. Lots of vegetarian options. Open daily at Marina Paraiso, breakfast,lunch & dinner from 7:30am to 9:30pm. Our palapa bar serves beverages from 7:30am to 11pm.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at the Marina Paraiso in May, so Barlito's was very convenient. In fact we ate breakfast there most days and ate lunch and dinner more than once. Brad's baking is wonderful, you cannot go to Isla Mujeres without trying one of their cinnamon rolls...Everything is fresh. The fruits and vegetables are beautiful and taste wonderful. The grouper roll for dinner is the best I've had. We were also fortunate enough to spend several evenings there with local entertainment. But besides the food, the staff is absolutely wonderful. They are always there for your needs but never too much.....

Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Owner at Barlito, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us at Marina Paraiso & for enjoying your meals at Barlito. We so enjoyed having you as guests. We especially appreciated your community support. Many thanks to your husband for participating in the monthly Artist Fair & donating his proceeds to The Little Yellow School House. But the very best part of your whole vacation was your introduction to Izzy while Jeff Current played music for Isla Animals at Barlito. We are so very thrilled you adopted sweet Izzy into your family. Another Isla Animal doggie wins the Mexican/US lottery & heads stateside to be a pampered pooch! We look forward to having you back on Isla for another visit! Give Izzy a big squeeze from the kids & me!

Fondly,

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We had the 3 cheese Panini plus chicken and a Wegmann's Panini. Both were delicious. Bread and all ingredients were fresh and well prepared. Larger portions and beautiful deck. The mimosa was absolutely magical; I could've had about 10 of them if not driving a golf cart. I'd love to see this place at night with the lights and this beautiful setting. We'll definitely go back. Very good food!

1  Thank Jodi T

Thanks so much for visiting us & taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate it!

We are so glad you enjoyed our paninis. The breakfast paninis made us quite famous when we were located downtown. When we moved to Marina Paraiso, it did give us an opportunity to make some menu changes. We could no longer be just a panini, sandwich, salad & breakfast destination we had to include our hotel & marina guests into the mix. We did however, keep our clients' favorite paninis on the menu, mostly the breakfast menu! You ordered by far the most popular ones on the menu. The Wegmans (named after an incredible grocery store in the Northeast) is my very favorite! My husband loves the three cheese. It takes him back to childhood but on a greater level with 3 different kinds of cheeses & homemade bread!

We do love our new location. The view, the outside dining, the peaceful environment & the addition of a full service bar really takes Barlito to a whole new level! We do hope you comeback & try our dinner menu. Our chefs have fun creating yummy dinner entrees with the fresh caught fish & other wonderful local ingredients!

Thanks again for your patronage!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I couldn't tell you how many Barlito cinnamon rolls I've eaten since discovering them downtown in 2008. Now often late mornings I make the trip from downtown to the new location not just for the signature pastry and iced coffee but also for the tranquil setting and staff. They serve delicious ice coffee with pitchers of simple syrup and cream, and free refills. Guillermo, regular server on the day staff, is gracious and speaks English. He pointed out the iguana that is queen of the upper dining area deck. So as I sat looking our over the pool, marina and lagoon, the queen kept after any of the other lizards invading her territory. It's a great spot to hang out if you need a break from downtown Isla.

1  Thank DiveIslaMujeres

Hands down you are our very best cinnamon roll & iced coffee customer. We remember vividly the first time we met you when you were on vacation sitting at our counter on Hidalgo. Now you are a full time resident which is why you are the #1 cinnamon roll/iced coffee guy because you are year round client! We thank you for following us out to Marina Paraiso & for your 5 star review.

Guillermo is a very nice man. He was an unlicensed beach vendor & was looking for work. We have known his brother Alejandro at Galeria de Arte Mexicano for years. Every morning, Guillermo will greet our customers with a wonderful smile & a kind disposition. He has been a great addition to the Barlito team. We appreciate you recognizing him in your review.

As always we love having you at Barlito & look forward to your next visit.

Fondly, Tiffany

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was our first visit to Barlitos at the new location. Pretty spot but the panini was awful. I am so surprised we loved the old menu and food. We didn't eat cheese for the rest of the trip. Not sure what is happening..... We won't return unfortunately ....

2  Thank BarbRoses
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Owner at Barlito, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

I am sorry you liked our new location at Marina Paraiso but not the Three Cheese Panini. The bread is exactly the same as are the cheeses (cream cheese, jack & cheddar). This being the most popular Panini we had on Hidalgo, we kept it on our bar & grill menu at Barlito Marina Paraiso.

I would have loved for you to let Brad, me or one of managers know when you were at Barlito. If an entrée comes out & is not what is expected, it is so helpful for management to be able to let the kitchen staff know exactly the issue. As a restaurant, we strive for consistency & obviously not everything is always perfect but we can only improve when people bring things to our attention. While I appreciate you taking the time to post a review, your criticism would have been way more helpful at the time. My staff & I want to learn from our mistakes. We also would never charge you for something you were not happy with our records do not show a credit for a Three Cheese Panini. Our goal like every other restaurant is to have our clients leave happy.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

nice setting, garden patio, pool. people were friendly, but the food was akin to fast food, rather than what I expected at this restaurant, which had been recommended. the owners tried to make it right and apologized profusely, but this is an endemic kitchen problem, not a single bad plate. Won't be going back and won't suggest that anyone else go.

3  Thank DAS_ONETWO
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Owner at Barlito, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

We do appreciate you giving Barlito a try & totally understand if our food & menu are not for you. We feel terrible that you felt your meal was similar to fast food. We created our menus to incorporate the freshest local ingredients & make everything to order. We know that our style of cooking is just not for everyone & that is ok. There are some great restaurants that just aren't for me. The beauty of Isla is that while it is a small Island there are so many wonderful restaurants to choose from. We see from your other reviews that you did find some places that suited your palette. We hope you enjoyed your vacation & will visit the Island again.