“Amazing experience,”
Review of Sea Hawk Divers

Sea Hawk Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: The "Sea Hawk Divers" is a unique dive shop offering a variety of tours, all in the beautiful ocean. One could go diving on a beautiful reef, the majestic underwater sculptures, or a mysterious shipwreck. If you can’t dive yet, you can always take their resort course or get PADI certified. Snorkeling is also always an option, but whichever tour you choose with Sea Hawk Divers, you will see wonderful underwater wildlife, and have fun!
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My family and I did a discovery dive with Sea Hawk. Two of us had their PADI open water dive certifications. The dive masters took us to the underwater museum and were so professional and helpful. They new exactly how to calm you down and be able to really enjoy the experience. Our instructors Carlos and Cam are the only reason I was able to get under the water and I am sure glad I did. I would recommend a discovery dive to anyone who is not sure how they feel about scuba but are adventurous! Also there is no where better than Sea Hawk to take you diving on the entire island.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We have had the good fortune to spend several months on Isla Mujeres each of the last two years, and we found that Sea Hawk Divers is a fantastic dive operation for both diving and whale shark tours. Owned and operated by the very capable husband and wife team of Ariel and Bonnie Barandica, it is a very service oriented and customer-centric dive operation.

We have been diving with them several times over the past two years and have also gone out with them to swim with the whale sharks twice. The whale shark swims are quite thrilling. Be sure to bring a camera. (If you don't have one, Sea Hawk can rent you a GoPro video camera.)

Ariel and Bonnie are both wonderful folks, very warm and welcoming. And their whole crew of dive guides and boat captains--Eduardo, Roberto, Juan and Gonzalo--are topnotch as well. All are prepared to make sure that you have a great (and safe) time in the water.

While we haven't stayed at their apartments, they do have several units located at their diver shop.

Hopefully, we will return next year. And when we do, we know that we don't need to consider anyone but Sea Hawk as our first choice in dive operators.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We have spent 2 weeks on Isla Mujeres and have booked some scuba dives and our Whale Shard Tour with Sea Hawk Divers. Here some details why we hardly recommend this dive shop:
- Family owned business & very nice and sympathic people :)
- There 2 boats are located at the nice bay of the Northern Beach (nice starting of the trip and you can comfortably step into the boat from the landing stage)
- Their dive master Eduardo is taking care greatly about all snorkellers & divers and we felt absolutely safe under his guidance
- The Whale Shark tour was extremely great since we were only 4 guests on the boat and we spend a very long time in the water with the whale sharks (other fishing boats had 10 or more guests on board). Roberto (our guide in the water) was also very good in navigating us to the whale sharks
Next time we will also do our dives again with them.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Wow, absolutely amazing, a true Discovery/National Geographic moment! My husband and I took our 13 year old daughter and were arms length from these gentle giants: whale sharks and giant rays. Their size, beauty and grace is unforgettable and these memories will last a lifetime! Isn't that what a vacation is about?
Ariel, his wife and the experienced divers provided a fantastic and safe experience. I did see other companies/tours that were not as attentive or professional.
Sea Hawk Divers provided the wet suits, fins, snorkels, life jackets (if needed), guided divers, food, drinks and anti nausea pills for sea sickness (take the pills, the one macho-man in our group didn't and well, he paid the price.)
I did witness several different tour groups, who didn't provide wet suits, fins and clearly didn't offer the pills as multiple heads were over the sides of their boats. We felt so bad for them; I'm sure that being sea sick is the only thing they will remember.
Once again, thanks Ariel!

2  Thank Malana R
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Title says it all. You wont be disapointed. My Daughter even got her junior open water with them and plans on getting her advanced open water this Christmas when we go again.

1  Thank Eric C