“Deep Sea Fishing”
Review of Sea Hawk Divers

Sea Hawk Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: The "Sea Hawk Divers" is a unique dive shop offering a variety of tours, all in the beautiful ocean. One could go diving on a beautiful reef, the majestic underwater sculptures, or a mysterious shipwreck. If you can’t dive yet, you can always take their resort course or get PADI certified. Snorkeling is also always an option, but whichever tour you choose with Sea Hawk Divers, you will see wonderful underwater wildlife, and have fun!
Lubbock, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Deep Sea Fishing”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Ariel took us out 9 miles. We caught 4 tuna and a 25 lb Crevalle Jack. Back at the shop, they cut the filets for us and gave us a recipe so we were able to grill our catch later on that night! Thanks guys!

Visited May 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Fun day...I will definitely be back.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I choose Sea Hawk because of their close proximity to my hotel and it would be convenient for me to walk over in the morning for our 8:30am dive trip. And I'm glad I did. They were awesome. Everyone there is super friendly, helpful and very knowledgable. They all speak both English and Spanish well. Their prices are very reasonable and they are literally a stones throw from Playa Norte. Eduardo, who helped me, was great. The man genuinely loves the ocean and loves helping people dive. He was very friendly and had a great sense of humor, making everyone on the boat feel comfortable and at ease. Every question the group had for him, whether it be about the dive equipment, the reef we were going to explore or just about the island, he was able to answer for us with full detail. It was a fun day and I will definitely see them again in future visits to Isla Mujeres... Thanks guys!

Visited May 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good snorkeling experience!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I had read good reviews of this company and it didn't disappoint. We were booked on a day that happened to rain, but no problem, they just had us come back the following day. Edwardo and Tito took the four of us out. Two in our group had never snorkeled. Tito threw out a life ring and kind of towed the two around so they could enjoy it more, which they did. He pointed out lots of cool fish. We went to both the underwater museum and El Farito. The museum was kind of interesting, but not too many fish and it's deeper, so it's better to scuba at this location. El Farito was great and had tons of fish. I would use this outfit again.

Visited February 2014
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“no coral, no fish, no safety stop”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was awful. The shop staff were very nice, and we had every reason to think these would be good dives. We were diving the Caribbean side of the island which was recommended as being more quiet. Well, there's a reason - its almost completely barren and has been fished out of existence, which the dive shop would know full well. The dive was just sand, rock and dead coral with the occasional lionfish. One divemaster was busy picking up shells and corals and pocketing them, the other spent several minutes dislodging a lobster from its daytime home. Then the best bit - after a 12m dive NO SAFETY STOP!!! My buddy and I took a safety stop, the others went straight up, when we confronted them the divemasters said "you don't need a safety stop from a 12m dive"!!! This is totally unsafe.

After the second dive, another diver said "thanks that was awesome", well I don't know where the rest of the clientele have dived but these were the two worst dives we have ever had, over many years diving. Its much better not to waste your money and head for Cozumel where the diving was excellent.

Later that day we felt sick and tired, we had been warned that some shops on Isla Mujeres don't clean their tanks regularly, maybe another reason to not bother diving here.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Frankie033
Miami, Florida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Dive with The Best!”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stopped by Sea Hawk Divers to inquire about a dive. I was pleasantly greeted by Bonnie. I explained to her I wanted to do a shallow dive and as a PADI open water diver, she was able to accommodate my request the next day. The next day, I arrived and was fitted for my wetsuit and gear. The ride out to the reef was stunning with all the beautiful turquoise waters and the boat is a fun experience. Cameron was the dive master for this trip and he is very skilled, knowledgeable and makes you feel at ease. The dive was fabulous and had lots of down time. Everything went perfect. I would recommend Sea Hawk Divers for anyone from junior beginner divers to the young at heart divers. They know how to work with all skill levels...and I will dive with them again on my next trip to Isla.

Visited January 2014