“Sentimental favorite”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Sentimental favorite”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We were back on the island for the third time, this time to get married on it, and we brought our guests for a rehearsal wedding dinner. We LOVE this place. It is unpretentious and real...plastic tables on the beach and birds circling for fish parts discarded by fisherman on the dock. I confess that there are fancier places on the isla that have better sauces and more elaborate presentations, but I still love it here. I especially love coming for lunch when the tympani plays and the boats are coming in and the sun is screaming down your neck while you eat conch wrapped in a fresh tortilla. The seafood platter is large and feeds 3-4 people easily. Huge margaritas. Fresh coconuts. The owner was extremely generous with his portions and was on his A-game with our food during our large party -- everyone was happy to be there. The owner was very gracious as well.

California
“Big portions”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Went for lunch and ordered the conch (not on the menu but people we went with knew they had it). The entree came with rice and a huge portion of conch, maybe 6 pieces. It was good but slightly overdone (a little on the chewy side). My husband ordered calamari and it was done perfectly. They also make very big and very strong margaritas. Great prices. The tables by the water are great. You can watch the fishermen bring in their haul and drop them right in Minino's tanks.

Chicago, IL
“Disappointed :-(”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I wrote a great review about this restaurant two years ago, that's why I decided to come back here...And I was totally disappointed. The previous "super fresh" food was just ok: I cannot say it was bad but it was not good either, no really tasty as expected. The price is still good, the service ok, nice atmosphere on the beach, but this time I would not recommend it.

Silverthorne, Colorado
“Fresh seafood”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We, once again, stopped here for dinner!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the fish that is stuffed with seafood! Quite possibly the best meal I've had on the island! And so affordable too!! The locals highly recommend this place too!! Can't wait to stop back next year!!

Flanders, New Jersey
“Very good food!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Love this little place just a short walk from the ferry... Fish was very tasty and the drinks were just as yummy! Relax and let your toes dig into the sand as you eat! Had the fried fish and the stuffed fish with octopus and shrimp, as well the shrimp and conch ceviche- all very good and served as a nice sized portion. I would go back the next time on Isla Mujeres!