“Great budget hotel/apartment”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Hotel Maria del Pilar
Ranked #26 of 39 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed at this great little budget hotel for a week. Rooms very clean, outdoor cooking and dishwashing area was great with the table and chairs right there on the deck outside of all 4 units. I had a full-sized fidge, coffee maker, micro-wave and air conditioning in my room. When you stay at one of Gladys' and Gunther's accomodations you are in good hands. They are now working on their new hotel...The Roca Teliz on Hidalgo. Great staying downtown.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank sandbarb

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed at the Pilar February 14-22, 2012. They provided a clean and quiet, basic hotel with one problem; it's surrounded by 2 noisy music bars open until 1:00 to 2:00 AM.
If you can sleep through salsa and reggae at high volume, or you're a night owl, I can recommend the Pilar.
We knew, at this price, it would be low on amenities. In fact, with a microwave and a fridge, our small room had more than we expected! Overall, a good stay.

Room Tip: It sounds like the first floor suite is best but our small second floor room (#2) opens off a really...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MNMCA
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Gladys and Gunther made us feel at home. Our 2-bedroom unit was basic but clean located right in town and just a straight walk down Abasolo from the ferry terminal. The rooms are cleaned every 2 days, which was just fine with us.
We had a covered patio out front where we spent a lot of time. It was really helpful to have the use of the fridge in the kitchen, which we shared with one other unit. Another couple, who had already been staying there one month, made lots of terrific meals there and I wish we could have cooked more, it would have saved us a lot of money.
The live music can be noisy--for our stay it ran most nights, sometimes to 1 pm, it seems. Isla Mujeres is a lively place and we got used to used to it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank JulieC118
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Just a quick walk from the ferry and then you are right there at this small little hotel which hides in one of the side alleys of the main tourist pedestrian zone - the party mile.

I had one of the four upstairs rooms which is basic at the first glance but fully equipped with Air-con, Fan, TV, fridge-freezer, Coffee Machine, Microwave oven and even a toaster. The comfy queen size bed and the technical equipment nearly fills up the room and leaves space just for a small coat rack and a bedside cabinet. The private bathroom has a small shower with warm water. The rooms are cleaned and towels are exchanges every other day. And cleaned means clean not only wiped a bit.

Coming up a narrow staircase you find yourself on a large sunny terrace with stools, tables, sunshine roof and a dish-washing sink in the corner. Very convenient for contacting other guests or consult the small book shelf with left behind books. All the rooms have a extra fly screens at the front door and the window.

Though centrally located this hotel is not noisy. Okay, sometimes, when there is a life band which was twice within 6 days of my stay. But they stopped at 11:30 pm. Regarding the amount of people and the amount of bars and restaurants it was astonishingly quiet.

All of the staff are very kind but the landlord Gunther eclipses them all. Not only that he seems to know everything about the island he even helped me out when something was broken and there was no shop on the island where I could have rented. Double thanks for that, Gunther, and I owe you a favor!

Real great stay and I rate it double excellent.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank mofin
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed at Hotel Maria del Pilar for two nights. It is right in the center of Isla's downtown area. Minutes from the ferry, beaches, restaurants and night clubs. We heard music from Hidalgo Street into the night so bring ear plugs if you sleep light. The balcony was delightful. We will definitely stay here again and hopefully for a longer length of time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jodiog
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I visit Isla Mujeres several times a year. I have tried multiple hotels during the last ten years, but Maria del Pilar was my home away home for 3 out 4 visits last year. I love being downtown and close to everything, however when you step into your room you feel a million miles away. Gladys and her staff have made the ambiance so inviting, and make sure you have everything you need. Everyone at the hotel is super friendly, and you can't beat the price.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I have found my home away from home! Just got back from a week at the Maria De Pilar. I have been to Isla the past ten years and this is my favorite place to stay. Centrally located, just a half block from the main street and a 2 minute walk to the beach.. Gladys and Gunther couldn't be more accomodating. Plenty of hot water for the shower. Very clean rooms. This is a great place if you are looking for the basic room. WiFi, a.c., a safe in the room too. Beds are typical Mexican beds...a little hard...and the pillows could probably use a replacing, but all in all it was excellent. The roof top has a covered deck...a great place for socializing. Met many new friends. Can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: Room number 4 has the best a.c. Room number 3 has 2 twin beds
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends