Hotel Maria del Pilar
Na Balam Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
US$305
US$247
  • Pool
Privilege Aluxes(Isla Mujeres)
US$296
US$236
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$428
US$262
Official Hotel
Hotel Bucaneros Hotel & Suites(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$73
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Joya(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$157
Hotel Posada Del Mar(Isla Mujeres)
US$104
US$72
  • Pool
Nautibeach Condos(Isla Mujeres)
US$286
US$167
Hotel Bahia Chac Chi(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$90
Isla Mujeres Palace(Isla Mujeres)
US$570
US$497
US$627
US$580
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I stayed here a month in February and would not hesitate to stay here again on my next visit. First off, what you get for your money can not be beat. Full fridge, microwave, coffee maker in the room AND if you needed a full kitchen it was available. My water was always hot and my room was always cleaned. The room has a safe and the doors are solid but there is a real sense of family at this hotel and you get to know your neighbors. I had my coffee every morning in the small back courtyard and was nice to sit outside in the morning and wake up or have a meal.

This is a budget hotel and if you check prices around Isla, this is the best deal around. Note: I stayed during the busiest time of year, yes, there is some loud music that plays to midnight most nights and if this would be a problem for you, bring your earplugs. I usually did not go to bed until about that time so it was not a issue for me.

The location is perfect! Right downtown and close to everything and the beach.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luckybucky589
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This is an economical hotel with lots of amenities. So long as you are not a light sleeper, you will love how cute and well equipped it is. You could definitely stay here and not need to eat out, if you were on a budget. The owners have thought of everything you might need for the kitchen, and the fridge is full size! If you have not been to Mexico before, you might have issues with insects, but you will find them everywhere you go. Even large hotels have to spray bomb several times a day to keep them at bay, and then you are breathing that stuff, as well. I am a very light sleeper, and l found it to be very noisy, due to the previously mentioned night club down the block. However, it is not possible to stay in the vibrant centre of Isla, and avoid noise.
I am being honest about the downside, but l also thought it was a lovely little hotel, and well worth the price. The owners are very nice, and do their best to accommodate.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank meahuna
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Booked this hotel through Isla Mujeres Vacation Rentals and loved it. I stayed for 7 days and would definitely stay there again. It is a budget hotel and very reasonably priced so if you are looking for fancy or luxury this is not the place to stay. The location is perfect, right downtown so within walking distance to the stores, bars, restaurants and beach. The rooms are very basic but have everything you need and they are clean and comfortable. There is a great outdoor dining area in the back and a well equipped kitchen so it is perfect if you want to have a few meals in your room. Even though it is right downtown I found the room very quiet especially if you have the fan or air conditioner turned on. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KinManitoba
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We booked this hotel, Maria del Pilar on pictures of the website they have posted. We only needed a place to stay for 3 nights before we were able to stay at a condo. we had arranged through a travel agent on line for this accommodation. We had a confirmed reservation for a room with two twin beds and a late arrival. We got there and they could not find our reservation, no room booked, no English dest clerk. We managed to communicate we needed 2 beds (2 single woman). she finally understood . she gave us two rooms separately. It was so late that we didn't notice there were no towels at all, and Mosquitos in the room that bit my friend all night long, not to mention that it was like a basement room. No soap, no water, nothing. We knew that the room only cost $44 a night, so we weren't expecting much. But no way could we continue to stay when in the morning we were told by a hand written note that they did have a room for us with 2 beds, and we had to share one room the size of a closet. needless to say, we did find another place. Beware of this hotel. The pictures are very deceiving . would never recommend thus hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank BonnieBarHarbor
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at Hotel Maria del Pilar again for six nights this time. No regrets! The location is ideal. The service is just right. You still hear the music from Hidalgo Street, but only 10pm to midnight and if you use the air conditioner, it is muted. We would definitely stay again, and as I said in my older review, I hope it can be for a longer stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple