“Experience of touching sharks and feeding fishes”

Isla Mujeres Whale Shark Tours by Searious Diving
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We took the private tour a boat for just 3 of us. Touching shark and holding it was a best experience out of the world for me. The guide she was very help full as I don't know swimming, she pulled me and swam almost like a mile to get the best experience of snorkeling with the depth of 20 or 30+ feet. The best part was the crystal clear water and the fishes around you. you better carry a strong SPF while going to this place :)

1  Thank daulath
"these amazing creatures"
"gentle giants"
"boat crew"

Reviewed 24 October 2013

It has been a dream for me to swim with Whale Shark.
I did it and with the help of these great people.

2  Thank Alphalabs
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had an amazing time going out to see the whale sharks with Searious Diving. Of all the companies I chose to go with them because from their website it seemed like they really cared about taking care of the sharks and treating the environment with respect. All of the tours are the same prices standardized by the government so don't worry about shopping around for a better rate. I'm not sure what the other reviewer was talking about saying he was required to wear and charged $10 for a wet suit. We were given the option to either wear a life jacket or a wet suit which they provided free of charge. It took about 45 minutes from the shore of Isla Mujeres to get to the spot where the whale sharks gather. We were on a tiny boat with nine people (including the captain and guide). If you get seasick I definitely recommend taking some Dramamine before leaving the dock. When we got to swimming spot we could already see that we were surrounded by whale sharks in all directions that were skimming the surface of the water. The tour boats are only allowed to take the guide plus two people into the water at a time so all of us when out in couples for about 15-20 minutes at a time. We all got to go out about 3 or 4 times which we were told by a friend who had been previously with a different dive company was actually quite a lot longer than he was able to stay. I was terrified swimming with these enormous animals the first time we got in the water but the guide held my hand the whole time while my husband was taking pictures :) They are truly amazing and being so close to them just takes your breath away. We also saw some huge manta rays while we were out there and even saw a couple of them do somersaults out of the water! On the way back to Isla the captain (Lalo) stopped the boat at a nice reef off the shore for anyone that wanted to snorkel some more while him and his son (the guide) made some of the best ceviche I've ever had right there on the boat! My husband and I had such a fun day with Searious Diving and can't wait to go back!

5  Thank LuvMyDoxie83
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Fab trip, whale shark watching, all made so by our great tour guide Anna, accompanied by Brian. Anna is absolutely brilliant. This is well worth the trip to snorkel with whale sharks, manta rays & other various fish, we were very lucky to see as we went at the end of the season in September. It is quite a long boat ride, & do take the advice of sea sickness pill, no matter how good your sea legs are, I didn't & yes I was ill, I still managed the dive& lunch & beer in the sea, but sure it would have been even better if I had taken the pill. Still 100 percent say 'do it' , enjoy, hire the wet suit, get the DVD & pics, all so worth it

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 September 2013

we booked with Searious, because from their website we could tell that they respected the sharks and actually cared about the sharks, their well being and the preservation of their habitat. they took us out, and after an hour when most of the other more commercial boats had left we were among the last of the boats, having hundreds of whale sharks all to ourselves. then, when we were ready to go we boated over to the reef on the island where we snorkeled for another hour or so then when there couldn't possibly be more to this tour, they brought us to a sandbar where the captain prepared a shrimp ceviche (and coronas) for all of us to enjoy. overall this was an amazing experience and we are confidant that this is the only boat out there operating like they do. if you are reading this you have to go with this crew. they are the best. hands down.
here's a short video of our trip too:

4  Thank Joe L