“Easily accessible and peaceful yoga session”

Vastu School of Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Vastu International School of Yoga offers traditional and classical yoga classes(as well as Private instructions) everyday at the beautiful Na Balam Spa & Resort and Yoga Oriented Hotel. The School also hosts Yoga teacher training(RYT200,300,&500 By Yoga Alliance) and Yoga Retreats throughout the year. Owned and directed by Lorrie Conglose and Lal Maharajh, the school trains yoga teachers from around the world. Yoga classes are open to all levels and are held in a beautiful palapa surrounded by lush gardens. The beautiful wood floors ground you in your practice and the sounds of the ocean help to keep you in a meditative and relaxed state of mind. This traditional and classical approach to Yoga is often a new and refreshing experience for even the more advanced students. Vastu offers 5 and 7 Night Yoga and Restorative Retreats including yoga and meditation classes, spa treatments, snorkeling and unlimited assess to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This yoga school has classes available on four fixed hours during a day, which makes it very easy for a passing tourist to join some of them. Our teacher took well into account the different levels of the participants and managed to create a very peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. Also the place was very nice.

There are newer reviews for Vastu School of Yoga

Reviewed 3 May 2014

All is an excellent teacher. We are in our early 50's and have done a little yoga in the past. Lal gives an all round experience - body, mind and spirit. He is able to gently extend our capabilities and is a lovely guy. We look forward to our 1.5 hour session every day. Love it!

1  Thank Graeme M
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Lal was fantastic! The facilities were top notch. Lal made the experience great for all levels. We will definitely return when we are back on the island.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I read about NaBalam before going to Isla Mujeres and was pleased to find that it was a short walk up the beach from my hotel. I went on my very first morning and only missed one day during my stay. Walking up an amazing beach, experiencing an amazing yoga practice and walking back to my condo in the ocean is a memory that will linger long. With four classes a day to choose from, you can easily fit this treat into your schedule. The classes are both relaxing and challenging. The teachers were beyond encouraging and I found myself trusting my body as they stressed the focus on breathing. Breathing, chanting, ohm, the ocean, the breeze, the sun, the palapa, birds, an iguana, my beautiful caring teachers, all made my stay on Isla a very special time indeed. Thank you to Stephanie and Crystal, the best teachers! Thank you Vastu and Sivananda.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I was able to practice three times at Vastu during my stay on Isla Mujeres last month. Had we been on the island longer, I would have been there more! The instructors at Vastu are very welcoming and made class accessible to all practice levels. The style of yoga they teach is slightly different than my usual practice but it was a welcome change and nice challenge. I really appreciated my experience at Vastu and would highly recommend it to anyone curious about yoga on Isla Mujeres.

Note that they have mats there, so no need to bring your own, although you would be wise to bring a bottle of water!