“You have found your perfect destination wedding spot.”
Review of Bahia Tortuga

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Bahia Tortuga
Ranked #7 of 37 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Frisco, Texas, United States
“You have found your perfect destination wedding spot.”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

If you love a hotel where you are greeted like family and treated like family as well, then look no further. Danny and Rhonda went above and beyond to ensure that my family, friends and I were totally taken care of. The rooms are quite spacious, the staff is incredible and the food and drinks are fantastic. The pool is the perfect size and the bar area is one that you wish that you had back home. Rhonda and I had been corresponding for 5/6 months prior to my arrival. She took care of the decorations, the flowers, the photographer, the officiator, the food, the live music, the karaoke, the staffing and of course the venue. We could not have been more happy. Pictures of our wedding should be on their website soon. You can check it all out. Now here's what you're really gonna love,... The two story hotel, with a rooftop patio that has an unbelievable view, only has five rooms. How perffect is that? My wife and I were in one, then her parents in another, my parents in another one and then the best friends of the bride and groom in the others. It worked out perfectly. Now just imagine if five couples were to go. Not necessarily for a wedding, but just to have a great time. You would absolutely love this hotel. You almost don't wanna leave. Danny and Rhonda, I truly hope that you can feel better with your lives knowing what an enormous impact that you all made on so many people. The memory of you guys and all of the effort that you all put forth to ensure that this was a "perfect" event will never go overlooked. And fyi, all 23 people that went are still talking about the food at my wedding... UNBELIEVABLE!!! Thanks again.

Room Tip: Every room has cranking a/c!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We were looking for a place to celebrate my birthday as Jax and Soggy Peso were both closed for September. Everything happens for a reason and we walked into Bahia. The owners were genuinely friendly. They had a room open for customers to check out. Great idea! There were seven in our group and we returned many times during our 10 day stay on the island. Being dachshund owners, we appreciated their three weiner dogs casually hanging out with the customers. We will return and hopefully stay there. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank DiFiniSabol
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Great room, great food, great people. Rooms are spacious and a/c cranks. Water tank, coffee maker, fridge and microwave all came in handy. Pool is cute and not crowded. Grab a drink and some food out on the dock and enjoy the view

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
san francisco, ca
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We came to Bahia Tortuga almost every day for lunch an habanero margaritas! Which is my new favorite drink! Their pina coladas are pretty amazing too. The food was also soooo yummy. And of course the characters - the bartenders and the owners treated us like old friends. It was such a great atmosphere to hang out. Like I said - we loved this place!

Room Tip: Try the habanero margarita and the chicken tacos.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Olgie21
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
Reviewed 26 July 2013

A friend chose this hotel for us so I didn't know what to expect but what great choice it was. Owners Danny and Rhonda were exactly what small hotel owners should be—on site, incredibly friendly and eager to please. I enjoyed a long chat with them at the bar while I waited on my friends to arrive.The rooms were very spacious, traditional Mexican decor, comfortable beds, large bathrooms, good AC, coffee service, a mini frig and microwave. I really enjoyed the personal touch of this 6 room hotel. They even allowed me a late checkout (without me asking) which was a very pleasant surprise after a long day on the water. Too far to walk into town but I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, choose a room on the interior
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed 24 July 2013

From the moment I emailed for a reservation until we waved goodbye this was great experience. I booked during the winter season and Rhonda emailed me to tell me I was staying during the summer and my rate was going to be less. When was the last time a hotel lowered their price and told you about it?

Upon arrival our rooms were ready and waiting. It is a cute boutique hotel that is more like staying with friends than in a strange location. Small pool, awesome bar, small grass area and spacious rooms, room viewing area and strong wifi. If all that physical stuff isn't good enough the owners make you feel at home at all times. Live bands, vibrant bar and awesome food complete the complex. Finally they have a dock that you can use to board the boat to your daily excursions.

I just can't say enough about how great Danny & Rhonda are. Quick with a friendly greeting and even faster to meet your needs. I can honestly say I will never stay anywhere else when on Isla. Even if you aren't lucky enough to get on of their rooms, stop by the bar and hang out, listen some tunes, watch the sunset and be sure to have some Key Lime pie!

We were on island to take a private excursion to the whale sharks so I am sharing some pictures of our adventure.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ksiddel
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 July 2013

What a wonderful feeling to walk back into Bahia Tortuga and hear Rhonda say, "Welcome Back, this is where you belong!" This is a place where you will feel like family. Rhonda and Danny will go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and special. Rhonda set up our whale shark adventure with Jorge with the company named On Isla Mujeres for us which was one of the most fantastic adventures we have both ever had! We stayed in room 4, "the red room" which is beautifully decorated and has a king size comfortable bed, AC, Very large shower (With awesome hot water), Fridge, Coffee w/Coffee Maker, and a leather couch. Sliders lead you out to the beautiful pool where 2 lounge chairs await for you. Our room was cleaned daily, with fresh clean towels. Staff at Bahia are fantastic, Drinks are always flowing, beer ice cold and the food...order anything off the menu and you will be happy as can be! Three adorable daschunds are always available for extra lovin' too :) Sunsets are amazing at Bahia, grab a drink and venture up to the rooftop to experience a serene sunset!
Thanks again Rhonda and Danny for making our trip so extra special, we will see you again! XO

Room Tip: Any room would be great! We love our Room #4! Loved having the ability to just step out to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple