“Great place for a casual dinner or a wedding rehearsal dinner!”
Review of Lola Valentina

Lola Valentina
Ranked #13 of 206 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: For food lovers looking for creative Mexican and Caribbean using local and the freshest of ingredients. This restaurant puts out some of the best plates on Isla Mujeres. We also have lots of vegan and gluten free options. Stop by and taste the difference everyday 8am-qpm & 5pm-10:30. Smiling faces await to serve you!
Washington, DC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for a casual dinner or a wedding rehearsal dinner!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had an amazing experience with at Lola Valentina's! Her food is interesting, inventive, and delicious. It's great for vegetarians and vegans and goes well beyond usual Mexican fare. The margaritas are also great. Lori created a few special dishes for our family dinner and was there the entire evening explaining what everything was. She is truly hands on and very accommodating and easy to work with. We didn't make it to breakfast but I hear it's amazing and the coffee smells fabulous as you walk by. It will be a definite stop on our next trip!

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne
“Simply amazing!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

When I travel, I like to eat at a new restaurant every night. Lola's made this impossible! One bite and I was hooked! The margaritas were fresh and delicious (I had the pineapple/ginger and the watermelon/jalapeño) and the food was creative, modern and incredibly tasty.

The service was sweet and attentive and the decor was lovely. Just perfecto!

If this restaurant was in my home town, I'd eat there every week!

Antigua, Guatemala
“Fun open-air breakfast”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My mom shared her Caribe French Toast with me and it was delicious! I like the new flavors like ginger-lime. I ate so much she wished she had ordered me my own french toast off the children's menu. I also really enjoyed the watermelon drink- so refreshing! Don't be fooled by all the sugary sweet menu items though, there are also savory items if you look.

They actually had high chairs here so I got my own seat, but it was too high in comparison to the table my parents were sitting at and the tray was too narrow to hold my own plate so I had to eat off the wooden tray. In addition, I kept playing with the tray- flipping it up and down- because the latch was broken and it made my mom mad. She ended up letting me play with the rocks in the garden though so that they could finish their meal.

Service was ok, but nothing real spectacular.

British Columbia, Canada
“Great!!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Great service. Great food. Great atmosphere!
We had breakfast here twice during our stay, and both times we were not disappointed!

Chicago
“Amazing Margaritas & Delicious Food!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We dined at Lola’s for our first dinner on Isla. We started with some fantastic margaritas! I tried a watermelon jalapeno margarita which was outstanding! So unbelievable fresh and tasty! We tried the guacamole appetizer that has bacon and fried goat cheese balls. Wow was it good!! I also had the shrimp in curry which was fantastic! Great flavor! We also tried the stuffed snapper and thought that was just ok. Overall, a great meal!