“A must visit!”

Limon
Ranked #11 of 239 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Enjoy fine dining at Limón in an intimate atmosphere in our beautiful courtyard or elegant interior dining room. Open Monday-Friday for dinner 4pm-10pm. Reservations required for dinner please.
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We went here on recommendation from another couple in our hotel and they were so right. Sergio is a lovely host and makes sure he gets you the best tables in the back patio (if it's quiet I'm the front don't be alarmed, it's busy in the back! The vegetable crudités and mussels were a delicious appetizer and the hibiscus taco's is unlike anything ice even eaten. Delicious!

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We had dinner at Limon last night for the first time. It's easy to find in La Gloria "mid island" we have been passing it for the last year. I can kick myself for waiting. Sergio is a great host and makes wonderful fresh food. I always hesitated because it looked empty. I was wrong the best seating is in the back and the front street side tables are the last to be seated. It's one of the prettiest restaurants on Isla. The neighborhood is local but perfectly safe"as is all of Isla" it's hard to find a better host. Ask for suggestions both food and wine and I'm sure you will be happy.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This was our first visit to Limon. I'm sorry that we never got there before. We are already reserved for our return trip in February. The garden is lovely, the wine was great but the food was the highlight. We shared appetizers of the beef carpaccio and hibiscus tacos - both were so flavourful. I had the arrachera and it was so tender and juicy - but a very large portion. We took the remainder home. Another dish was the glazed pork loin and there were 2 on the plate. Again, very large portions. Unfortunately we were full so we didn't have dessert but what Sergio was making - it smelled heavenly. Note to self - eat less next meal in February so I can have some of that pineapple dessert!! I would highly recommend this little gem of a restaurant. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

outdoor dining is much like eating in a neighbors well appointed backyard. owner personable and excellent cook. cooks on a nice "home" grill while managing the whole restaurant. fresh dishes imaginatively prepared . $72 for for 4 before tip. dollars accepted. splitting dishes worked for us.
great place for those who can appreciate it. not for those who prefer all you can eat Buffetts.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We arrived around 7:30 pm on a Sunday night to find the place fairly crowded. After discovering that they didn't take credit cards and that I didn't have enough cash to pay for what we had just ordered, Sergio came by and assured us to just enjoy the meal and we would figure out payment later or the next day. Very sweet gesture on his part, and enjoy we did.

The lobster Sergio style was killer, wife had a simple vegetarian pasta (Sergio's wife is vegetarian so this is an excellent place to go if you or someone you're with is vegetarian). We found the service to be very attentive and kind. As far as the wine goes, he doesn't carry a wine list as he explained "It leads to a lot of complaints when certain bottles aren't available as can happen on Isla." Rather, he carries a number of varietals of good quality and you will get whatever he has - I have no problem with this given the logistical challenge. We enjoyed some Chilean Malbec on this night.

Then after the meal Sergio invited us to hang and have some wine with him. We shared stories, laughs & a great time was had. We learned that Limon has been open less than two years and that it's basically his dream as a proprietor. For our last night on Isla Mujeres, this amazing culinary experience was exactly what we had hoped for. In the end, we found this meal to also be very affordable compared to other fine dining establishments on the RIviera Maya - $80 for two entrees, salads, 4 or 5 glasses of wine and dessert.

A must if you're on Isla, make a reservation early and ask for the patio, it's got a great laid back ambience.