“Worth paying for a taxi!”
Review of El Charco

El Charco
Ranked #42 of 210 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Isla Mujeres
“Worth paying for a taxi!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I own a hotel in Centro (downtown) Isla Mujeres, and when my guests want an "authentic" dining experience, I always send them out to Daysi and Raul. This is local Mexican food at it's best, served tasty and fresh with a large helping of hospitality and smiles.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Steve B

Sydney
“Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

This place is all about the food, great tasting Mexican food. We had the empanadas, chicken fajitas and pork tacos. Delicious! You get to help yourself to complimentary sides (refrained beans, potatoes, salsa, hot sauces). Fantastic value for money. Don't expect frills from the place, it's basic, but like I said...this place is all about great food.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank RoisinDurham
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The BEST food on Isla”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I love the food at El Charco. Deysi and Raul are the owners and are so nice, so friendly to everyone who comes in. He is the chef, and everything he cooks is so good. I LOVE his caldo do pollo (chicken soup). I have lived here for a long time, and it is still my favorite place for good Mexican food. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Norris2013
isla mujeres
“El Charco..the best authenic Mexican food on Isla Mujeres...”
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

I never fail to go away full & pleased. Raul is a master & Desyi the best..Chicken Fahitas are the tastiest I have ever had...
A great menu with a charming buffet of Desy's special papas & beans...In La Gloria...don't miss it if you visit Isla...

Visited August 2013
1 Thank IslaMujeresMaria
Lacey, Washington
“Authentic and Reasonably Priced”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I drove out to El Charco on one of the nights we'd rented a golf cart. As others have stated, it's in the La Gloria neighborhood and is super easy to find with the Mapchick Map. (Be sure and get one of these maps and you'll never have a problem finding all the great places to eat!!) We both ordered tacos. Once they arrive, the owner instructs you to come over near the kitchen to a counter that is filled with fresh toppings...everything you can think of from lime wedges, beans, rice, guacamole, pico de gallo, sauces, etc. Everything was homemade and so fresh. Simple meal, but very good! This was a fabulously priced meal at about $190 pesos ($15 USD) for two meals and two cokes. I think they opened at 7 and were not quite ready for us when we arrived around 6:45. So, we drove around the south end for a bit and came back. Friendly owners, clean restaurant and traditional food!!

• Visited June 2013