Just returned from my second visit to Mia Reef Club (formerly Avalon Reef Club). I would like to make a few comments on the negative reviews given by others on this board.
1. There is construction. Yes, it is called progress. While there may have been some noise, the improvements from last year to this year are amazing and I cannot wait to see what else is done. As far as the construction, I was mesmerized watching how the way the work was done. This is not the United States and the workers work barefooted, work in rain with electrical equipment, mix concrete by hand, move timbers through the ocean, etc. It was fascinating.
2. One restaurant. There is work under way to add to this. If you pay for all inclusive at a one restaurant resort and complain then that is your fault. Why would anyone on a 5 mile island want an all inclusive when there are hundreds of amazing places to eat. Get out and experience the culture! You can stay at one place at home.
3. the beds are hard. We had 3 rooms (One in the Villa and a 2 bedroom in the tower). All beds had brand new divine Sealy Mattresses
4. The staff is rude. Are you kidding me? I never met a rude person at the resort or on the island. Any request as made instantly. When we first arrived we asked for a different room (a specific room) in the tower. We immediately were accommodated even though the room was not cleaned. They cleaned around us!
I could go on but just know that this is the most beautiful location on the Island. You get two gorgeous views (ocean and bay), incredible snorkeling on the property and a staff that goes out of their way to make your vacation one of a kind. I will definitely go again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mia Reef Isla Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avalon Reef Club Isla Mujeres Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Avalon Reef Isla Mujeres
- Avalon Club Reef
- Isla Mujeres Avalon Reef