“Great Micro Hotel”
Review of Hotel Isleno

Hotel Isleno
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The size of the rooms are nothing to write home about but location is everything. Hotel Isleno is centrally located to the main retail row and minutes from the ferry port. We showed up to the island with no reservations and just started walking. Hotel Isleno was happy to provide a tour of their quaint hotel and were very helpful with suggesting interesting things to do on the island. English is not the language of this island and it is advised that if you stay with Hotel Isleno you have someone with you that is fluent in Spanish. The hotel itself is very clean, appears to be knew and offers few amenities. Standard room comes with free Wi-Fi, fridge, and a rigid mattress. Over all I was impressed with the service and proximity to activities.

Room Tip: Always ask for the best. Never fear the chance of being told no!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BRANDON B

Reviewed 21 April 2013

This small new (1 yr old) hotel is located a block from the Cathedral and about two blocks from the main thoroughfare along the water (on C. Guerrero at corner of Francisco Madero. The rooms are very clean (no elevator), and reasonably spacious (although the ones at the end of the corridors are larger than the ones in the middle. Rooms have high ceilings, fans and A/C, which we did not need at night if we used the fan.
Easy walk from the ferry. Beds are comfortable. Room is bright and well lit with reading lights. Restaurants are two-three block walk away. Hotel is quiet at night - far enough away from the bar scene not to affect you. There is a tv but only about 6 stations, all in Spanish.However, there is a DVD player. There are DVDS to borrow for free at the desk and also you can rent DVDS at a DVD store a block away.
We stayed in February 2013 and paid 700 MP per day for a double. Hotel personnel are very nice but speak very little English, if that is important to you. Beach towels are available for rent by the day. It is about a 5 block walk to the beach where you can rent chairs and umbrella for the day.
Bathrooms are very stylish with glass sink bowl, marble walls and floor. Free book exchange. Free instant coffee for about 2 hrs in the morning in lobby but no milk. If you want milk for it, buy milk at the small supermarket 1 block away and store it in the refrigerator in the room.
Three laundries which will wash and dry for you in one day within 1 block in each direction from the hotel. Wonderful Italian bakery around corner on Madero.
Strongly recommend and would stay here again. Very good value.

Room Tip: Rooms are end of hall are slightly larger than rooms in middle of hall. There are one or two rooms w...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelholChicago
Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

This place is very New and had beautifull rooms for The price that you Pay! Nice beds and big shower, also very close to The main street, like 300 meters. We spend here 2 nights for 700 pesos a night. If we ever come back we definitly come back to this place :)

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank anoes b
Reviewed 14 January 2013

After staying 3 weeks next to the beach in a good hotel, this nice boutique hotel was a little disappointing, but really ok for what we paid for. It is new, clean, well-kept, and in the centre. Although walking for 15 minutes to the beach we enjoyed our last week on the island.
Before we booked I had a discussion about the price of the room. I wanted to make a reservation on the 14th, but I needed to pay directly. Didn't had any cash on me, so I asked if I could return the next morning to pay. No problem. If I came on the 15th I had to pay 600 pesos a night, but if I came on the 16th to pay, I had to pay 700 pesos a night. I told the guy I would return the next day so I would pay 600 pesos. Coming back the next day, the price was already 700 pesos.
The only explanation I could get was that the boss had called to raise the price directly... Whatever...
It's not really a family hotel, not with small children that is.
Nice beds, refrigerator, and good working airco.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MP641
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Did not have a reservation for any hotel this trip. I walked up to this hotel and was very impressed. It is a new property, and the front desk staff was very friendly. The property is very clean and modern. I rented a large, double room (2 double beds), with A.C., refrigerator and balcony. The hotel has good wi-fi service (no fees). I paid 700 pesos ($56 US) per night for two people. The hotel is about 1/2 block from the main town square. I recommend it for just about anyone...I will stay there again! I

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank GARY G
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This hotel was new, clean and great value for 600 pesos a night......I had a room close to the main street which did get loud at times but it was air conditioned and the staff were friendly. The only negative was the tv and not being able to watch a movie without having to go downstairs where they have to run the dvd and control it. More work for them and not convenient for me.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JulieAnne L
Reviewed 22 April 2012

made contact thru email with the front desk of hotel isleno..we emailed back and forth half dozen times..chatted with Isaias and Grupo..they said they had my wife and i arriving for four nights end of february..they even sent me photos of rooms..was very excited to get to isla mujeres..i made sure i made copies of all the emails for backup..when we arrived front desk said there was no such reservation in my name..i brought out the emails..they were speechless..for two hours we stood in the lobby and waited.they talked on the phone.another gentleman showed up (Isaias)..finally said they were sorry but we do not have a room for you!! lucky we found a room right away at hotel francis arlene just down the street..i walked by Isleno the next four days with my hands in the air, manager came out telling us he was sorry and offered us coffee..wow thats going to change my view towards them...wont ever stay there!!

Room Tip: when you go i believe they just flip a coin..if its heads you get a room! tails you lose
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family