We just got back from a week's stay at the Villa Vera as we are Raintree owners and it was a very well kept resort a bit off the beaten path. The staff is very nice and the grounds are kept quite clean. It is located a bit out of the way and is mostly used as a marina for visitors traveling by boat. It reminded me a bit of a retirement community in Florida as it was very quiet and the whole vibe was laid back. The issues that we had were the facts that there is no restaurant, beach or activities. Even when we asked if we could rent the bikes we were told there was only four and they were all reserved for the whole week. The other scary event that occurred a few times was that we were awoken in the middle of the night by crying cats. It sounded like a woman or baby crying and was pretty horrifying. When we found out it was crying cats we felt terrible. The resort does the right thing by feeding the cats away from the rooms, but guests still feed them so they continue to come back. This is really an issue all over the island as it is overrun by stray cats and dogs and so very sad. I might stay here again, but it was difficult to go out for every meal and travel every day to get to the beach or to just find some entertainment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the secluded island of Isla Mujeres just a 20 minute ferry ride from Cancun. Relax in spacious suites with whirlpool tubs and enjoy the gorgeous views from balconies overlooking a tropical paradise. The resort offers marina access, an outdoor pool with swim-up bar and a children's pool, a restaurant and bar, golf cart rental, complimentary bicycle rental, 24 hour front desk, room service, laundry service, and a supervised children's activities program. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villa Vera Puerto Isla Mujeres Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Hotel Vera Puerto Isla Mujeres
- Resort Vera Puerto Isla Mujeres