Don't hesitate to stay here - Villa la Bella is absolutely gorgeous.
The rooms are spacious, big comfortable bed, a fridge, a huge mirror, decorated well. The bathroom is equally pretty with the best shower of our trip - that comes out of a beautiful big shell! The pool is enormous and deep, and the grounds are so pretty. The owners have thought of everything and take such care in every minor detail. The bar is quiet and pretty with swing seats and great cocktails, and there is absolutely no noise after about 10pm so no concerns if you go to sleep early.
The hosts are delightful - they will go out of their way to give you advice on where to go on the island. The breakfasts are fantastic.
- Don't panic when you arrive at the port. It looks a bit like a mini Cancun, but that's only downtown and Villa la Bella couldn't be further from that sort of atmosphere. Having said that, overall we did prefer Tulum to Isla Mujeres.
- Eat at Mango Cafe for brunch, and Monchos for dinner - both in walking distance.
- We enjoyed Zama Zama beach club for a day, though it's pricey and you have to pay for your beds.
- Walk left out of Villa la Bella for a lovely walk along the coast,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront bed and breakfast with only 6 guest rooms for single or double adult occupancy in a peaceful environment overlooking the turquoise waters of the Caribbean. Enjoy relaxing in the outdoor fresh-water pool or in the circular lounging pool, read a book or take a siesta in a hammock, fall asleep on one of the pool side beds or cushioned lounge chairs. Enjoy made-from-scratch drinks or "beer so cold it'll make your teeth hurt" at the swing bar open daily until "last call" at 9:30 PM. Free wifi in our unique open-air living room and a library with a great selection of books, games, cards and DVDs. Ocean and pool views from every room. A king sized bed with quality linens ensure a relaxing night's sleep and a private bathroom in each room with real conch shell shower head provides an amazing tropical feel. For comfort and convenience, each room has a ceiling fan, mini fridge, personal safe and daily housekeeping. Bungalows and Honeymoon Suite have AC. Each of the 2 second floor palapa suites have a hanging bed and are cooled naturally by the Caribbean breeze. Delicious complimentary breakfast served oceanside daily from 8:30- 10 AM. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Bella Hotel Isla Mujeres