Villa La Bella
Na Balam Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
US$305
US$246
  • Pool
Privilege Aluxes(Isla Mujeres)
US$305
US$236
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$447
US$262
Official Hotel
Hotel Bucaneros Hotel & Suites(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$73
  • Breakfast included
Isla Mujeres Palace(Isla Mujeres)
US$570
US$498
Hotel Rocamar(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$93
Hotel Bahia Chac Chi(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$108
Hotel D'Gomar(Isla Mujeres)
US$57
US$55
  • Free Internet
All reviewscurtis and ashleyhoneymoon suitecurtis makespalapa suitesswinging bedconch shell shower headpoolside bungalowcurtis' breakfaststeeth hurtmargaritas and pina coladasgolf cartconch shellswonderful hostsswing barno kids allowedmade from scratchevery morning
Reviewed 21 June 2006

I’m not sure what more I can say that hasn’t been said in previous reviews, but I can tell you that my wife and I LOVED our stay at the Villa Las Brisas. It’s quiet, clean, and beautiful. The “no kids” policy is also appreciated.

We stayed at Las Brisas in May of 2006 and in one of the Palapa suites. It was perfect. Although it is hot and humid that time of year it was no problem sleeping without A/C. There is a strong breeze coming in through all of the windows. You can even watch the sunrise without leaving or sitting up in bed; all you need to do is just turn your head toward the window that is by the side of your bed. This was soooo cool. The view from this room was incredible.

Curtis was away on a much needed vacation when we were there so we did not get to meet him, but Ashley took very good care of us. She was WONDERFUL. She is so caring and helpful. She was always there in the mornings to greet us. She would ask how vacation was going and then ask if we need any suggestions on stuff to do or help with anything. It was like being at a good friend’s house.

The Breakfasts were wonderful and they make them fresh when you get up in the morning--as long as it’s before 10:30;)

Relaxing at Villa Las Brisas is so easy. It’s quiet and serene with the waves crashing on the shore below. The pool is a big plus for a cool off, and the hammocks are heaven sent You don’t even have to leave the house if you don’t want to. The first day there my wife and I stayed there all day. They ordered in Mayan BBQ chicken for us and it was awesome, make sure you try it out.

Villa Las Brisas is a special place on a special island. We are going back in Jan 07, we can’t wait

11  Thank ScottyMEX
Reviewed 17 June 2006

My husband and I stayed at Villa Las Brisas in July 2005 and couldn't wait to return. We returned on April of this year and it was even better than we remembered. The weather was a comfortable 80 degrees, the pool refreshing and warm... perfection.

Ashley and Curtiss are the BEST host and hostess I have ever experienced in a B&B. They are always available and will do anything to make your stay more comfortable.

We appreciate the no children policy. I saw several families stop in at the bar and always were asked to leave, very politely. THANK YOU CURTISS. I like kids, but I don't want to share my pool, solitude, breakfast or vacation with other people's kids. One of the many reasons we love Villa Las Brisas is because it is so peaceful and relaxing.

Breakfasts are always a pleasure. Ask Curtiss to make his fried plantain yummy dish. I can't remember the name of it, but we heard another couple talking about it, so we requested it. Curtiss spent an afternoon searching the island to find plantains that were the correct ripeness... the dish was to die for. Reminiscent of Bananas Foster that you might get in New Orleans. That was VERY kind of him and we enormously appreciated it.

My husband has a radar for arrogant and self absorbed people and he genuinely likes Curtiss. Because they are beautiful and live a lifestyle we all only dream about, a person would expect them to be full of themselves, but absolutley the opposite is true. Curtiss is full of anecdotes and entertaining stories. They are both gracious and helpful and ALSO somehow remain inobtrusive.

Plan to rent a golf cart. It was wonderful fun to just run 5 minutes to town and then back again. Factor it into the cost of your trip. We actually only rented one for two of our 6 days there. It was very handy. The B&B itself is an incredible deal so the additional cost for the golf cart was doable.

A lovely local woman offers facials at an amazing price. She spent about 1 1/2 hours doing lovely relaxing things to my face in the comfort of my airconditioned room. This would have been 3 times the cost in the states. Just ask Curtiss. He'll make all the arrangements.

I think some people think that they should be able to have their way, no matter what the establishment policy is. I think that is just RUDE RUDE RUDE.

• Stayed: April 2006
7  Thank Kathy V
Reviewed 14 June 2006

we come to the island for a day and we decided to come back the following day and stay for a night due to the fact that we felt in love with this bed and breakfast! what a GREAT choice! We are on an extended honeymoon (we've been travelling for over a year non stop now) so we are very critic with the places where we "live". We totally recommend this place, the owners and the people that work there are VERY nice and the place is paradise. 10 points! (if you can't stay at night, at least come to try the margaritas and pina coladas made from scratch! and see the amazing view and the cute decor), Paula & Mark

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank morochaargentina
Reviewed 7 June 2006

My fiance and I stayed at this beautiful bed and breakfast for only a couple of nights, but we will definitely will be back! The details of the rooms and the establishment itself is what makes this bed and breakfast truly unique and a perfect getaway. The conch shell showerheads were so beautiful, I felt like I was in a tropical getaway. Ashley was such a wonderful hostess, she was very attentive and informative without being intrusive. She directed us in all of the great places to eat on the island. We especially loved baseball tacos!!! Francisco was especially kind and helpful, and we loved chatting with him at the bar.

Exploring Isla is a lot of fun, and staying outside of town was no problem at all. Actually, it worked to our advantage. We really felt like we were in Mexico. It was a perfect getaway and there was activities to do in town if you wanted or nothing to do at all (which we preferred).

We loved this place and will be back!!

6  Thank happymama123
Reviewed 27 May 2006

We just returned from six nights at Villa Las Brisas and cannot say enough about our wonderful experience. We were looking for a quiet place to kick back, relax, read a few books, and fall asleep listening to the ocean, and Villa Las Brisas provided just that.

If you're looking for a party place, this isn't it. It feels less like a hotel and more like a beautiful home. We were hoping to get one of the palapa rooms or even the honeymoon suite, but we booked last minute and got one of the poolside rooms, which turned out to be more than enough. (We might try to stay in one of the other rooms next time.) Good bed, good shower, lots of nice little details. But we spent most of our time outside, by the pool, watching the waves crash on the rocky beach below. I hadn't been looking for a place with a pool, but ended up going for a swim every day. Breakfasts are wonderful and the bar is open all day. There were a couple of days that we never left the property until it was time to get dinner. Our hosts were welcoming and friendly, but never intrusive, and gave us tons of good information about places to eat, things to do, etc.

There were crashing thunderstorms and horizontal rain one evening we were there, and Ashley (one of the owners) swung into action. There were only 4 guests at the hotel, so she brought us menus so we could all order pizza. (It was really too bad to go out.) Turned out the weather was so bad, the pizza place wasn't delivering, so she put some frozen pizzas in the oven and we all huddled by the bar and ate together. Her wonderful can-do attitude helped make it a fun evening to remember.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for someone looking for a quiet, relaxing, low-key environment. In general, Isla Mujeres was a little more touristy than we were looking for, but we agreed that we loved the hotel. The antidote to a busy life is to spend a few days just hanging out by the water, and Villa Las Brisas was the perfect spot.

7  Thank Tara A