“#1”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Las Palmas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Hotel Las Palmas
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Vancouver, Canada
“#1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

I love this hotel. I have lots of great memories here. Every time I think about my visits to Hotel Las Palmas, I have a big smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart. I have stayed here a few times and I will keep coming back. You can't keep me away.

The welcoming feeling of the hotel is very authentic and real than those larger mega hotels in Cancun. You couldn't ask for a better location on the island. You are close to the downtown strip and the beach. The facilities and the hotel cleanliness is top notch. But by far the best thing about this place is the lovely staff. Katie, Safari and Dania are the most amazing people. They make you feel right home in their hotel. They are helpful, kind, and the most wonderful family. You won't be disappointed in your stay at Hotel Las Palmas, Isla Mujeres. I would recommend Las Palmas to anybody.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank travelingwilbury1986

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

I’ve stayed here 3 years in a row now and for me it is perfect! Las Palmas has everything I am looking for when I am decompressing on Isla Mujeres. If you are looking for a private hotel with marble floors a large pool and flat screen tv’s, this is not the place for you. Las Palmas has none of those upscale attributes; however what it does have is what most travelers are looking for when they come to Isla Mujeres. The hotel is inexpensive, has a social atmosphere, is in a great location and best of all has friendly/caring owners.

The rooms are very clean and modestly decorated. The hotel has about 20 rooms that surround a warmly inviting common area located in the middle of the hotel. The owners have also added a new rooftop area that is wonderful and fun to hang out at during the daily “Happy hours” and in the evening.

Tables, couches, palm trees and plants decorate the entire hotel and this makes you feel more like you are staying at a home than a hotel.

I have stayed at numerous hotels all around the Island, and Las Palmas is my favorite. What more can I say? I can’t wait till I get back there in January 2013.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank scottymex1
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

Peabody and Sherman's review gives a great description of the layout of the hotel. Their review is incredibly detailed. :-)

I had booked the king balcony room on the 2nd floor but when I got there, there was a problem with the electrics so Safari kindly offered me the penthouse suite instead. This suite is on the roof top and is bright (lots of windows) and clean..I had thoughts of Ikea when I opened the door..lol. There is a bed, 2 night tables, chair, a small table and chairs to eat at, mini fridge and shelves for you to put your things. One thing that I suggested, is, that the shower window needs to have an opaque covering (at least the lower 1/2 of the window) as you are staring out at people on a balcony across from you.

Location..heading north you can get to the beach (Chimbo's, Tarzan) in 5 minutes or so. Chairs cost 100 pesos at the beach for 2 loungers, 1 table and 1 umbrella. Across the street is the market and the wonderful 4 loncherias. Hidalo is around the corner in a matter of minutes. There's a store steps away that sells pop and beer.

I'm happy that I stayed here as I was curious about it. :-)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank WIBS
West Des Moines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

This was our second stay at the hotel and we stayed for two weeks this time. What a wonderful place to stay. The hotel is squeaky clean, quiet and air-conditioned if you really need it. Since last year, they've built a large new room on the roof and also a large outdoor kitchen with any appliance that you might need. The hotel is within a block or two of just about everything. I'd say it's a two minute walk to reach 20-30 restaurants and maybe 4-5 minutes to the beach. This has to be one of the best hotels on the island and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We like room #1 since it gets good airflow. The new Dream room should also catch good breezes.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

I love hotel Las Palmas! Everyone there is very welcoming! I loved my room, felt like my own. The owners were always friendly. There is 3 levels to this hotel. I LOVED how there are hammocks everywhere. If I felt like getting away, there was a place on every floor for me to get comfortable. LOCATION IS AMAZING! It's right behind Hidalgo street which is where you go get dinner n it's right in front of the market where you can get freshly squeezed Orange juice! I love this place. Definitely will be coming back and I definitely suggest this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012
Hillsboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

After a two month trip through Mexico and Belize this last January and February, I'm sitting here in rainy Oregon dreaming about going back to Isla Mujeres. What an amazing place! We enjoyed our time, almost two weeks, at Las Palmas. It is such a relaxed place, with an interior courtyard full of green plants, bright flowers and colorful curtains blowing in the breeze. The owners are awesome and constantly making improvements to the hotel. Our kids, ages 6 & 8, LOVED this hotel. They loved exploring and finding little nooks to sit in, they loved chatting and playing with everyone up on the top deck, they loved the hotel dog and they enjoyed the cooling pool upstairs. We liked how close we were to everything there, the best snorkeling beach just a 5 min walk away, the completely charming main foodie street filled with more restaurants than we had time to sample just around the corner, and the outdoor kitchen upstairs, which was in frequent use during our stay and a fun social gathering spot. The hotel also has a nice library with lots of reading materials, including guidebooks and maps, as well as games. There are several good laundries within a block each way of the hotel and the golf cart rental store just up the street from the hotel is one of the best in town. There is a place in the market across the street where you can buy freshly made tortillas very inexpensively, and if you are lucky you can also buy some delicious slow roasted pork there and put together a fabulous meal very affordably. My daughter and I enjoyed getting up early and sitting up on the top deck overlooking the street watching as the day and the market slowly began. The island itself has such a nice atmosphere. At the post office across the street, the clerk took his time carefully fashioning a box for me out of cardboard from scratch to make sure my ceramic souvenirs would make it home without breaking. (They did!) On our way out of town we ran into one of the hotel maids and the hairdresser down the street who waved goodbye and called our daughter by name. Everyone was so friendly. I highly recommend both Las Palmas and Isla Mujeres. If you are travelling with kids, check out Rolandi's, a great restaurant with personal size pizzas, kid sized spaghetti, a fun atmosphere and lots of great adult food options too.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank TPG42
point roberts, washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

Back in 2004 I stayed at Hotel Las Palmas and had problems with the cleaners at the hotel taking my money while I was not there. A few years ago the hotel was sold to an amazing canadian and ever since it is a peasure to see how wonderful the hotel is and how happy the guests are. Kudos to the Hotel Las Palmas.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo