“BOOK YOUR WHALE SHARK TRIP NOW!!!”

On Isla Mujeres Water Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: On Isla Mujeres Water Tours offers unforgettable adventures of swimming with the whale sharks, fishing charters, Island Tours and custom private tours.Out boat, the Anastacia 2, is 34 feet and designed for a comfortable ride on the ocean. The boat has plenty of cushioned seating, plenty of shade/sun and a clean bathroom on board. Our values are safety, comfort, fun and preservation of the wildlife. We have top notch navigational equipment, marine radio and other safety features. We provide all snorkeling gear and fishing gear/bait in great condition.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

There can be no better whale shark tour operator on the isla than Jorge and crew. Coming to Isla Mujeres specifically for the whale sharks, my wife and I booked 3 days with Jorge to swim with them. On day 1, the crew was Captain Archie with Marcos as the guide, and both were very personable, professional and helpful.

Once we arrived at the site and were in the water, Archie was communicating the location of the school bus sized fish while Marcos was guiding us to them. All the while we felt safe and in good hands.

On our 2nd day, there was a mix-up in our reservation as they had us down twice. Since we were the only couple signed up (as 4 people, not 2), they had to cancel since it was below their minimum number of guests. While talking to Dianne, who profusely apologized for the problem, she scrambled to find another tour operator for us. She mentioned that had there actually been 4 people, she would have taken us, even though that was also under their minimum number of guests, since we had booked all 3 days.

The tour operator they book us with got us out and back with no problems, but there was virtually ZERO communication between the captain and tour guide as there is with Jorge. Since we had been out the day before with Jorge and knew their system, my wife and I yelled the location of the fish to the guests in the water while the captain just stood there with a blank look on his face.

After our day out with this other operator, we found that our rented golf cart had a parking ticket when we got back in, and when we mentioned this to Jorge in the morning of our 3rd day out with him, he immediately said he'd take care of, and did! There can be no better customer service than that!!

Jorge and his crew really show they care for the guests, the whale sharks and environment. You can book your trip with someone's 'DADDY', or you can book it with the best! Go with Jorge de la O and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank AndySanDiego
in 11 reviews
"smaller boat"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 21 July 2014

For two years my family of 5 has tried to go out with Jorge and his crew to swim with the whale sharks. It was weather, boat problems, government problems--all trying to keep us from checking this adventure off our bucket list--but when we scheduled in June and once again the trip was threatened...Jorge came to the rescue!! Jorge was able to get us out and saved the day! The trip out was great...looking for the whales, long!! wavy, ugh....but worth it when our patience paid off! Jorge was not going to let us go home with out seeing these magnificent creatures. Jorge and his crew were professional at all times, putting our safety and the whales well being before anything else. Thank you to an amazing bunch of folks! It was worth every penny and every aggravation to get there!!!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

If there were 10 stars, I'd click on that! We returned an hour ago from an outstanding trip with On Isla Mujeres for a whale-shark tour. We could not have had a better time or had better weather. Everything was handled with such care and competence from making the reservation online to actually getting in the water with these magnificent creatures. The crew was endlessly patient, kind and gentle in dealing with all the guests, especially two children ages 8 and 5. The experience was unforgettable. We all got so close to the whale sharks, thanks to the expert handling of the boat by the captain and the help of Marcos and Ivan who guided us in the water. Great respect is given to the whale sharks as we had been told emphatically by Jorge that we must not try to touch the whale sharks, and maintain a decent distance. That was difficult at times as the gentle giants swam so close to us, but we kept out of their way. The whole experience was exhilarating and one to be repeated as I did this tour two years ago with the same results: incredible! Each guest had the same feeling as we climbed back in the boat to exclaim over our time in the water: "they were right there!" "did you see how big that one was?" an oft repeated word: "Awesome!" The children were hesitant at first but with the patient and kind crew, excited to go try again: "when can we go back in?"

I think I cut off the circulation in Marcos hand as he guided me to a whale shark and we hovered about ten feet above the fish as it swam slowly by.......I was so excited to see this huge fish I squeezed HARD! The sweet man never let go of my hand. Ivan got a real good video of a whale shark with my camera and I will try to post it on TripAdvisor as it is too big for this site.

Take Dianne's advice and get Cinnarizine for sea sickness. Dramamine may not be as effective. And most of all: take the trip. You will never forget the experience.

2  Thank mileeOhio
Reviewed 16 July 2014

World Class experience. I highly recommend the great crew, Captain Archie, Marcos and Ivan. Professional and at the same time laid back - they seemed as excited as us to see all that we saw. They got us comfortably to the stop and put us in the best spots to see these incredible animals. They took great care of my family, even taking special care of with my son, "George" - Josh to maximize his experience. Thanks to you for the great experience.

Pros: Everything - BOOK THIS TOUR NOW.
Cons: NONE

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 July 2014

From the beginning to end, our experience with On Isla Mujeres Water Tours was the best! I emailed them to reserve space for a 9 person group, but we wanted to pay separately by 3 different people. Dianne handled it easily and sent us separate invoices through paypal. She responded quickly to all questions.

On the morning of the tour at 8am, they provided continental breakfast of sweet and chocolate loaf breads, bananas, apples, yogurt, granola, juices, and coffee. We left around 8:30am, they put another person on our boat for a total of 10 people, but there was plenty of space on the boat (which also had a toilet or head!) At the dock, we could also have rented Shortie wetsuits for $10, but don't think it's necessary on this day. "Archie" was our boat Captain, and Chi-Che (rhymes with leche) and Marco the swimmers/guides/deckhands. Jorge took out another boat for the whale shark tour. On the way out, Marco and Chi-Che went to each of us to fit us properly for life jackets and fins/snorkels if we needed them. They made sure we were comfortable the whole time. There was plenty of water bottles and sodas on the boat to drink. Archie was so friendly and invited the kids to come up on top to sit with him. They were all so wonderful with the kids and us. It took us about 1.5 -2 hours to get to the whale sharks.

It was such an amazing experience to see the whale sharks!! Only 2 snorkelers went out at a time with each guide and both guides could go out at same time. Marco and Chiche were amazing, towing or pushing the kids or anyone who couldn't keep up. The crew was very safety conscientious and professional. I lost track of how many times I went into the water, but I felt it was plenty and I was pretty tired. We probably saw at least 30+ whale sharks and also a manta ray.

After snorkeling with them, we went back about an hour, had ham and cheese sandwiches, and stopped at a coral reef to snorkel. Marco led this tour and pulled along my 6-yr old daughter the whole time and made sure she felt comfortable the whole time, she loved snorkeling with him. The boat picked us up and went to Playa Norte and anchored off of there to swim. Chiche had made fresh fish ceviche and it was delicious! We then headed back..they dropped off one person at a dock in downtown. We probably got back about 4pm. We got some t-shirts for the kids and took a photo with the crew. (If you want to get dropped off somewhere else on the way back to their dock, I would recommend getting a shirt in the morning). It really was an amazing trip and the crew was outstanding! I honestly can't think of a way for them to do it better.

1  Thank jenwuwu