“Whale Shark Tour = AMAZING!”

On Isla Mujeres Water Tours with Jorge de la O
More attraction details
Owner description: On Isla Mujeres Water Tours with Jorge de la O offers unforgetable adventures of swimming with the whale sharks, fishing charters, Island Tours and custom private tours. My boat, the Anastacia, is 33 feet and designed for a comfortable ride on the ocean. The boat has plenty of cushioned seating, plenty of shade/sun and a clean bathroom on board in the cuddy cabin. Our values are safety, comfort, fun and preservation of the wildlife. We have top notch navigational equipment, marine radio and other safety features. We provide all snorkeling gear and fishing gear/bait in great condition.We don't have a downtown office. Contact is via our website.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Whale Shark Tour = AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I cannot even begin to describe the whale shark tour. It was probably the most amazing thing I've ever done on vacation! This company is also amazing. I was kind of nervous at first but the guides help you swim along side these gentle giants. The guides really know their stuff (they do this daily). We didn't see a huge school of whale sharks this day (I heard of people seeing 30 at a time), but we did see them and swam with them as many times as we wanted. The guides follow all the rules and regulations (which I noticed some other companies did not). We went out about 2 hours before we got to the place the whale sharks were this particular day. I couldn't believe how amazing it was swimming with these huge animals. After a few hours of swimming with the whale sharks we headed back to do some snorkeling while fresh ceviche was made right on the boat. We snorkeled about 30 min then headed to Playa Norte and winded down, ate ceviche and drake bear (before it was only water). This ceviche was absolutely amazing! They also sell t-shirts so get them before you go on the tour. After the tour we went straight to the hotel from the beach because it was walking distance. Since we didn't get our shirts ahead of time somebody from the company met us at our hotel lobby with them for purchase! Only $10.00! This tour with Jorge de la O is the way to go!

Holte, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Whaleshark Tour and fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have just returned from our 2 Day with Jorge and hvis Crew. The first Day was spend with the whale sharks and it was great though we felt us as a part of a big tourist machine, but that is not Jorge fault - this is just the way it is when 50 boats gather and all look for whale sharks. But we much appreciated the way they handled the park ranges rules in respect for the animals. We had a great day and we all got in the water as many times as we wanted. After 3-4 times you are exhausted because of the swimming and current. Our 2nd day was fishing and that was just our family. Wow - we had luck - also because of the experience Jorge has with the fishing and we caught more than 30 fish - each off them was a battle. At the end of the trip he took us to a restaurant where they would cook the fish for us at night for just 90 pesos pr. Person. He really go a bit further than one can exspect when you just book a boat trip for 6 hours. He left us at the pier loaded with cold drinks, a dinner appointment and a really good feeling about a wonderful day out at sea. We recommend Jorge and his crew to everyone interested in the marine life and fishing.
Mette and family from Denmark

1 Thank MetteOlesen
San Diego, California
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“BOOK YOUR WHALE SHARK TRIP NOW!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

There can be no better whale shark tour operator on the isla than Jorge and crew. Coming to Isla Mujeres specifically for the whale sharks, my wife and I booked 3 days with Jorge to swim with them. On day 1, the crew was Captain Archie with Marcos as the guide, and both were very personable, professional and helpful.

Once we arrived at the site and were in the water, Archie was communicating the location of the school bus sized fish while Marcos was guiding us to them. All the while we felt safe and in good hands.

On our 2nd day, there was a mix-up in our reservation as they had us down twice. Since we were the only couple signed up (as 4 people, not 2), they had to cancel since it was below their minimum number of guests. While talking to Dianne, who profusely apologized for the problem, she scrambled to find another tour operator for us. She mentioned that had there actually been 4 people, she would have taken us, even though that was also under their minimum number of guests, since we had booked all 3 days.

The tour operator they book us with got us out and back with no problems, but there was virtually ZERO communication between the captain and tour guide as there is with Jorge. Since we had been out the day before with Jorge and knew their system, my wife and I yelled the location of the fish to the guests in the water while the captain just stood there with a blank look on his face.

After our day out with this other operator, we found that our rented golf cart had a parking ticket when we got back in, and when we mentioned this to Jorge in the morning of our 3rd day out with him, he immediately said he'd take care of, and did! There can be no better customer service than that!!

Jorge and his crew really show they care for the guests, the whale sharks and environment. You can book your trip with someone's 'DADDY', or you can book it with the best! Go with Jorge de la O and you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank AndySanDiego
Atlanta
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Well Worth the Effort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

For two years my family of 5 has tried to go out with Jorge and his crew to swim with the whale sharks. It was weather, boat problems, government problems--all trying to keep us from checking this adventure off our bucket list--but when we scheduled in June and once again the trip was threatened...Jorge came to the rescue!! Jorge was able to get us out and saved the day! The trip out was great...looking for the whales, long!! wavy, ugh....but worth it when our patience paid off! Jorge was not going to let us go home with out seeing these magnificent creatures. Jorge and his crew were professional at all times, putting our safety and the whales well being before anything else. Thank you to an amazing bunch of folks! It was worth every penny and every aggravation to get there!!!

Visited June 2014
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“incredible experience for all onboard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

If there were 10 stars, I'd click on that! We returned an hour ago from an outstanding trip with On Isla Mujeres for a whale-shark tour. We could not have had a better time or had better weather. Everything was handled with such care and competence from making the reservation online to actually getting in the water with these magnificent creatures. The crew was endlessly patient, kind and gentle in dealing with all the guests, especially two children ages 8 and 5. The experience was unforgettable. We all got so close to the whale sharks, thanks to the expert handling of the boat by the captain and the help of Marcos and Ivan who guided us in the water. Great respect is given to the whale sharks as we had been told emphatically by Jorge that we must not try to touch the whale sharks, and maintain a decent distance. That was difficult at times as the gentle giants swam so close to us, but we kept out of their way. The whole experience was exhilarating and one to be repeated as I did this tour two years ago with the same results: incredible! Each guest had the same feeling as we climbed back in the boat to exclaim over our time in the water: "they were right there!" "did you see how big that one was?" an oft repeated word: "Awesome!" The children were hesitant at first but with the patient and kind crew, excited to go try again: "when can we go back in?"

I think I cut off the circulation in Marcos hand as he guided me to a whale shark and we hovered about ten feet above the fish as it swam slowly by.......I was so excited to see this huge fish I squeezed HARD! The sweet man never let go of my hand. Ivan got a real good video of a whale shark with my camera and I will try to post it on TripAdvisor as it is too big for this site.

Take Dianne's advice and get Cinnarizine for sea sickness. Dramamine may not be as effective. And most of all: take the trip. You will never forget the experience.

2 Thank mileeOhio