“PERFECT!!!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Illinois
“PERFECT!!!”
Reviewed 3 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

This was our 4th trip to Isla and Casa Mar Turquesa was an amazing property in an amazing location. The title says it all, our trip was perfect from beginning to end and Anna and her mother were the nicest people you could ever meet. The property is beautiful and spotless. One concern for me was that I am not a dog and cat lover, but Charlie and Ruby were as sweet as Anna, (even the cat). We just want to thank you for a great vacation and all the advice while on the island. When Anna recommends something, get in your golf cart and go, because it will be wonderful. We wanted authentic Enchiladas and Daisy and Rauls was awesome. My wife and I were amazed at how wonderful our stay was and we will never forget your hospitality. Hope to see you again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, breeze at night, the owner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Cindyariz
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Peaceful retreat on an island in paradise”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

Our host Gary welcomed us upon our arrival. He showed us our room and gave us some suggestions on where to eat and what to do. He was available, but not intrusive. At times we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves.
Our room was clean and bright. We loved the artwork and tile. We used the coffee pot every morning, used the refrigerator for snacks and drinks. There is a wonderful breeze, so we did not use the air.
There are many palms, cacti, and flowering bushes on the property which gives the place a tropical garden feel. There is a dipping pool and comfortable seating.
You'll need transportation to get to restaurants, stores, and sightseeing. We used a golf cart. There are taxis, motos (mopeds), and public bus service available.
This place was perfect for 2. We loved our stay and plan to return.

Your age range 35-49
USA
Reviewed 21 February 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Rick P
Jenks, Oklahoma
“Quiet, enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

My wife and I enjoyed the hospitality of Gary and Ana, as we spent a week in their home.
The studio is close to Punta Sur. The apartment is well equipped with all the luxuries for home cooking. Just across the street from the Caribbean Sea, we didn't need the air conditioner, with the breeze blowing all night. Gary has a beautiful yard and supplied us everything we needed for our stay. It is a couple of miles from town so a golf cart or moped is helpful, if you need to go to town. We rented a golf cart for the week, as we enjoy touring the island. The apartment was very clean with a small dipping pool out the sliding glass doors. It is a very secure location with a locked gate and a fence all around the property.
We walked for exercise every morning around the island and always felt secure. I would highly recommend Casa Mar Turquesa for a quiet, relaxing vacation. We made friends with their dogs, Charlie and Ruby, and El Gato the cat. It is not a place for children or people that want a party atmosphere. Thanks again for a great vacation

Bathroom cleanliness
Christine...
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
“It felt like being home”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

I had a fabulous time staying at Casa Mar Turquesa. Anna was the loveliest of hostesses. She was so helpful and kind. She took me to the grocery store, the bank and a moped rental place and got me all settled in. It took me about 15 minutes to drive my moped to the main town on the northern part of the island where I was doing my scuba diving. But there are grocery stores and ATM's much closer if that's all you need. If you're more than one person, renting a golf cart is what most groups do.
The studio apartment was clean and spacious and had a great view of the ocean. It's located on the southern part of the island, which is less touristy and more quiet. Across the street you can walk a footpath along the cliffs and climb down in places to little private beaches. I went with Anna one morning to walk her dogs. That was another plus. Her dogs,Ruby and Charlie were so sweet and affectionate.
I was sad to leave but I hope I get a chance to return. I would certainly stay there again. I miss it already!!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The relaxed atmosphere of the place and of course Anna, the owner. The quiet and the view
Liked least: Can't think of a single complaint
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 April 2013 for a stay in February 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Pa.
Reviewed 15 October 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;