“Very professional, honest and friendly dive centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Paradise Divers

Paradise Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Paradise Divers Isla Mujeres is the only authorised Padi Dive Resort on Isla Mujeres which has a fully stocked retail space, hotel, marina, restaurant and bar all in one convenient place. If you are looking for a one-stop-shop for diving, look no further! Our facility boasts a spacious infinity pool for all our Scuba Training, a second shallower pool for kids club activities such as the Padi Bubblemaker or Seal Team courses for children ages 8 years and up.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very professional, honest and friendly dive centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

This isn't my first experience of working with Dick and Morna, so I was expecting a good experience but it was great. Very professional outfit but also incredibly personal. They really go out of their way for you, and are both incredibly experienced instructors. They give honest advice and aren't just trying to sell you a course or trip like other places. Beautiful sunsets and a friendly bar on site as well (not to mention the cute dog Scoober). Brand new equipment. All the dive sites close by and small groups heading out usually, so a very tailor made experience. Highly recommended.

1 Thank francesca_hall1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Columbus, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Amazing Trip! LOVE the Community and Awesome Diving!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

This is one of those reviews that you know will kind of mess up your own life by making a place you love harder to get into when you want to go back for a visit.

We headed to Isla for a few days of diving, sun, and fun.

Diving: For me, it was my first "real open water diving" ever and my first real diving since I got my Advanced Open Water Diving Card years ago. Needless to say, I was nervous. So, we did a pool refresher the night before, for which Dick and Morna were kind enough to haul out all kinds of equipment and answer a million questions during. The next morning, we took off from our dock right there at the resort, which was so cool. When I saw that I would have to fall backwards into the water (giant strides and shore diving only until then), I got REALLY nervous. Our instructor/guide for the trip was Dick and he could not have been more supportive, kind, encouraging or helpful. On each successive dive, I worked on a few more skills until I was a "real diver" by the third day, with the kind support of Dick but also the group that ended up on the boat with us, who were always kind as well. (By the way, the groups are smaller there than some of the mega dive centers, which we liked. We had four on our boat but, if desired, I think more can be arranged. We liked the intimate groups- especially with me being such a rookie.) All in all, it was awesome! We had so much fun and as, basically, a beginner, I really cannot think of a better experience or place to bring someone to ease them into a series of dives where they will be comfortable enough to continue but still build skills. The equipment was in new condition and worked flawlessly. Seriously- this should be the first place everyone comes to do ocean diving the first time.

Resort: There's not a beach there at the resort but there is are a few wonderful docks, a fun bar where everyone hangs out (resort guests on boats and in the hotel) and has fun, an amazing pool and incredible deck. It was perfect! When we wanted beach, the best of the beach was a short, cheap cab ride (or hitched ride in) from the resort and, in the meantime, it was peaceful at night when we wanted to sleep. Pretty much a perfect arrangement. OH and the staff all spoke great English!

Rooms: We had a top floor room. Great A/C (so important), incredible pillows, and comfy bed with a spacious, gracious deck with a view of the ocean. Housekeeping did a great job and we had plenty of English speaking TV channels to watch.

Food: Carlos could not have whipped up more delicious food for us and plenty of it. Our wishes? His commands. Great prices on food and drinks, actually. On rib night, GET THE RIBS!

Dick and Morna: Our brave dive leaders and innkeepers could not have managed to make us feel more welcomed, supported, excited, and vacation-y. They thought of things we could not have and went well above and beyond any call of duty. We can't imagine staying anywhere else the next time we go- these are our friends now and were such after just a few days. Amazing.

Scuba Dog: The hardest working, sweetest pup on Isla who gives love to those who desire it and leaves those who don't like pups alone.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Peitho
Exeter, New Hampshire
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Worth Seeking Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

We needed a dive operation that would provide a quiet, refresher dive for my 15y.o. In the main part of Isla Mujeres, it was a bit too busy and I didn't want to hand over money and get lumped in with 20 other "discover SCUBA" tourists. Of course all the shops are going to tell you they are not like that. I saw the picture of the pool on the Paradise Divers website, most do not have a training pool, so that was a good sign. By a Marina - that is a good sign, so we dropped in to see if this place would work. Great choice if I say so myself. Dick was very professional and obviously instructs quite a bit. Daughter was totally at ease. Being from England, his first language is English, so there was no miscommunication with instruction. Just me, I wouldn't care, but extra precaution with a novice teen diver.

We had two very nice long dives, very short ride to get to them and a pretty ride at that. Also, the equipment was great. Best quality warm weather fins I've ever had. This would be a very calm, easy place to hang out for a few days, get the kids certified, and relax.

We saw very nice coral heads, turtles and rays. One turtle was very nonchalant and let us hang with him for 10 minutes or so while he lunched.

It cost about $3 taxi ride to get to the place from North Beach. Very, very worth the effort. I have been diving for over 20 years, and I was really happy about my choice to dive with Paradise Divers.

3 Thank flyboyswifeEXETER
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“It Just Does Not Get Better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

High on my bucket list was the desire to swim with whale sharks, so based on a recommendation from a very good friend, one of the most experienced underwater cinematographers in the world (he's worked on many blockbuster films), we planned a trip to Isla Mujeres with another couple (we're also filmmakers). The experience level between the four of us ranged from Open Water to Enriched Air and Advanced, 15 dives to 500 dives. To say that Morna and Dick figured out how to satisfy that wide range of experience would be a gross understatement.

First and foremost, even though they themselves do not yet run a whale shark experience, they set it up with another operator who does. Morna even personally went with us to the town center to ensure all arrangements were taken care of - beyond the call of duty. The experience with the big fish was about as amazing as one could imagine.

We also wanted to dive cenotes (fresh water caverns) on the mainland. Another major score! Again, Morna took care of everything - setting us up with the wonderful Cesar who met us at the Cancun ferry terminal with his spacious, comfortable, air-conditioned van. Two hours later we were diving in what can only be described as outer space underwater. The water was so fresh and clear, you couldn't get a sense of it - it was like everyone was spacewalking. Until, that is, we hit the haloclines - where the fresh water mixes with salt water at about 40 feet deep. It's like, all of a sudden, you are seeing things through a Photoshop artistic filter. New, weird and exhilarating all at once.

The majority of dives we did were near the island - the museum (MUSA), which is a stunningly great thing for the government to have supported - an underwater art installation of hundreds of human figures. We also did a few reef dives and a deep wreck. All expertly handled by Dick and his boat captain.

Paradise Divers could not have done better - from Morna pacing by the street waiting for us to arrive the first day (we were lost and late and she sensed that so she made it a point to come find us - when we saw her we just knew it was Morna!) to Dick's consummate professionalism, all made even better by his awesome, and sometimes cringeworthy:-), sense of humor! And their wonderful dog Scoober was so friendly and charming. Plus the outdoor bar waiting there for us at Marina Paraiso for a well deserved beer after our dives. Morna even personally drove the other couple to the ferry terminal, while my wife and I were diving one morning, as they had to leave a couple of days earlier than we did. Great service considering we weren't even staying at the hotel there.

I picked Paradise Divers solely based on the fact that other reviews on Tripadvisor seemed overly positive. They aren't rated as the number 1 dive operator on Isla Mujeres. But that's the funny thing about Tripadvisor - number 1 ratings really don't mean anything. Instead, read the reviews and read between the lines. You'll know.

It doesn't get better. We can't wait to get back to see Morna, Dick and Scoober again!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank KingLear
Isla Mujeres
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Open Diving Certificate Completed!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

What a great experience and what great people at Paradise Divers,Marina Paraiso. Dick and Morna have so much patience and are so professional in their instructions. They make sure you know what you are doing and that you are comfortable with the instructions. They made me feel completely safe and secure. Diving at Isla Mujeres is a surreal experience; the fish are amazing, plus rays, lobsters, and of course the MUSA dive was my goal and my favorite. I would recommend Paradise Divers at Marina Paraiso. The Marina itself is very nice and clean, they serve good food and have live music some evenings. Tell Frank, Dick and Morna that Kathy sent you!!