“Best Tacos Camarones”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I have grown up in the tourist industry so I'm always watching the workings of the places I visit. Last December, I spent 11 days on Isla, and ate here more than anywhere. The food is awesome. All I wanted when I went to Mexico was shrimp tacos. So on our first night on the Island, my best friend and I, were wandering down the Main drag on Hidalgo, when we saw a sign "3 tacos and 2 cervezas for 85 pesos!!" Well the bargain shoppers in us said "yes please"!! It's in a great spot. Seating is right on the street and they have sun or shade tables. The restaurant is very clean. They have wifi. There is a lot of action to entertain. People wandering and shopping. Locals peddling by on their bikes. Beautiful wares within eye view. We were there around Christmas so we were entertained by the local children singing Christmas Carols for us. The kids must be the shop keepers and are absolutely adorable. They knew me and my bestie were suckers, we made sure to have smaller pesos for them every time and from then on we would ask them to sing every visit. We ate at La Catrina over half a dozen times. The restaurant is owned by a sweet young couple, who work hard everyday and are very invested. They have two great little girls and I love the family atmosphere. Pablo was our server and was extremely concerned with our contentment and satisfaction, not to mention has a wonderful demeanor. If you go, tell him Amanda and Steph say Hola!!! We tried several items on the menu and none of them disappointed !!! If you visit Isla Mujeres even on a day trip from Cancun, La Catrina's is a must do!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stopped in for the renowned tacos and were not disappointed... so much so that we had another round.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

We stopped here many times during our stay on the island. The fish tacos are wonderful. We ordered a new appetizer or snack each time we went and were always impressed. The portions are large so we always shared. The service is excellent!! One of our favorite spots!

1  Thank islaeveryyear
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We ducked in here to avoid the rain and ended up having a very nice lunch. The service was great and they had live music too. I had the fish tacos and they were great. My wife had chicken tacos that were really good too.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

After walking for some time we came across La Catrina. Nice spot to people watch. Food was really good and a great value. Service was excellent. I would say it is one of the cleanest places around . I would return.