“Not just great steak but great chicken AND great value!”
Review of Los Fueguitos Steak House - CLOSED

Los Fueguitos Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We've been to Isla many times but skipped going to this spot as we had the impression it was pricey.

After reading the great reviews on TA, and catching a glimpse of a menu, we decided to try it. How I wish we'd tried it years ago... It was fabulous!

My hubby had one of the fabulous steaks and it was as great as promised. But I ordered the chicken thigh dinner. We were both delighted at the excellent chicken. It was definitely some of the best barbecued chicken we've ever eaten.

And value...? Exceptional. Under $50 for drinks, shared appetizer (grilled fontina), two entrees and a shared dessert.

Definitely going to add this one to our "must go" list for the annual trip to Isla.

P.S. The outside terrace has a beautiful setting, but can get mighty windy. The inside tables are fine, but not as lovely as the outside option. Pick a less windy day to make your reservation.

There are newer reviews for Los Fueguitos Steak House

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I have been coming to Mexico for 42 years. Last night, at Los Fueguitos, I had the best piece of beef I have ever had in Mexico. It also was the best steak I've ever had in an Agentinean restaurant anywhere. I had the skirt steak, as did two of my companions. My wife had the chicken thighs which she raved about. Thw steak was perfectly cooked rare. The accompanying potatoes, white and sweet, were perfectly cooked with a little rosemary. A decent salad was also on the plate. The Malbec by the glass was very good, and at 50 pesos, quite reasonable. The restaurant is lovely, the servie ws good. All in all, close to perfection. Luckily, we still have time enough to go again.

1  Thank diaperman
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I love this place. It's not only one of my favorites on the island... it's simply one of my favorites. If you are a meat eater, get the platter to share. You get a little bit of a lot and everything is delicious. There is more than enough. If you are not a meat eater, the salads are also great. There is a super relaxed, but pleasantly fancy vibe and there is no better view! Also, save room for desert.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We went last night for supper and one of us had lasagna which was good . Two had tenderloin which was also good. I had the highest priced steak. 15 oz ribeye unfortunately it was just ok. The flavour was good however it had a few tough spots and was not worth the extra money. Just a few roasted potatoes and a very small salad on the plate.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

What a wonderful place! We vacation in Isla Mujeres annually so are familiar with many of the restaurants. Decided to try Los Fueguitos on our last night there this trip. Can hardly wait to go back on next year's visit! Food was amazing....delicious salad and green fettuccine was fabulous! Atmosphere was wonderful as well with sea breeze blowing through. Definitely worth a visit!