“Cute boutique shop”

Gladys Galdamez's Isla Mujeres Beachwear
Ranked #3 of 6 Shopping in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Owner description: Unique, custom made bathing suits, choose your fabric and style! We have ready-made or treat yourself to a custom made suit, bring your style and choose your fabric, we will make it for you in a couple of days.
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Great to stumble upon a cute store with all sorts of interesting things. Lovely couple who told their story of everything that had been hand made. My girlfriend loves her sand bottle necklace!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Beautiful little store off the main street across from Chango Loco and Hotel Maria del Pilar after being greeted by a high pitched HOLA! from Codie the parrot, we looked around inside and was told that everything was made on the island by local artist. Got to meet Gladys and Gunther and to my surprise we found out Gunther's wife made all the clothes and some of the nice jewelry. My girlfriend bought a coverup for her bathing suit and a nice bracelet and I bought some photos of the island. The prices are very good! wish we had stopped there first!!!!

4  Thank Robert l
Reviewed 29 December 2012

If you want the sweatshop-produced pseudo-relics of faux Mexican origin, this is not the place for you. If you'd like to chat up a friendly, helpful owner and shop for a (limited selection as of my visit, admittedly) locally-produced craft item or article of clothing, this is it. Besides the stuff (all good), Susan (pictured below) steered me to a great dining experience (Brisas Grill for the mixed ceviche). Try it when you tire of shopping for not-Cuban cigars and cheesy knick-knacks.

3  Thank Richard R