“Good selection”
Review of Sabor

Sabor
Ranked #72 of 206 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Description: Located at Privilege Aluxes Hotel, offering Breakfast buffet, theme nights buffet style dinner & a la carte lunch. Air Conditioning, Terrace Lounge Area, modern look, no reservation required.
Olathe, Kansas
“Good selection”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We ate breakfast here as part of our hotel plan. There was a good selection of food and you could get eggs any way you wanted at the grill. My only complaint with the restaurant was that in the evenings there was one are that served a specialty meat that really needed to have a heat element under the food not over it. The meat was always cold there although it had a very good flavor. Service was very good and the severs were attentive.

Visited January 2014

Chaska, Minnesota
“Yummy Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Since we are staying at Privilege Aluxes Hotel, we are enjoying a free breakfast buffet at Sabor every morning and are VERY pleased with the food selection and service. We especially like the made to order omelets and the sweet bread. The fruit and juices (love the green juice) are fresh. Can't beat the price - included in the price of the room is ALWAYS good.

• Visited January 2014
ireland
“great dining”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

sabor is actually quite a good restaurant to visit
service is self service buffet and it has a large and varied menu that changes each night
waiters are very friendly and will go that little bit further to please

Visited January 2014
Louisville, Colorado
“Improving...”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We ate at Sabor because we were staying at Privilege Aluxes on the all-inclusive plan. This was our third stay at PA so therefore our third round of meals at Sabor. This time our adult kids and their spouses came with us. We all agreed that the Saturday night Mexican buffet was our best meal we ate there. There were several tasty Mexican choices (tacos al pastor, chicken mole, chips/guacamole/pico de gallo and a few others I can't remember). Other than that dinner, we only ate breakfast at the buffet since we all preferred lunch at Cafe del Mar and dinner at Cafe del Mar or Satay.

Breakfasts had probably 30% of the choices of any other all-inclusive we've visited. That being said, there was always plenty to eat and no one went hungry. The cook-to-order egg station remains the highlight of breakfast. Other choices included sausage, potatoes, Mexican items, fruit, yogurt, toast, French toast, pastries, cold cereal, cold cuts, juice, coffee, etc. Bacon was never on the buffet but if you want it, ask the chef at the omelet station for a few pieces (he has it for the omelets).

The hot food seemed to be kept at a higher temperature than we experienced when we were there previously, a nice improvement.

Service at breakfast varied from very fast (when Jorge was there - he worked the entire room quickly and efficiently while other waiters stood around) to extremely slow.

One telling comment from our party: our daughter, who has been to at least 10 all-inclusives with her husband, said, "Breakfast is usually my favorite meal at all-inclusives and here it's my least favorite." Despite the improvements we noted, I would have to agree with her.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank frugaltravelerDenver
California
“Dinner buffet is just ok”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My family was here for dinner on a Thursday night. Not even sure if they have a menu but we were all told to go thru the buffet. Maybe they assumed we were on the All Inclusive package??? We were not staying at that hotel. Anyhow, we went thru the buffet and there were a couple nice items. The shrimp bisque was quite good. Shrimpy but not overwhelming. There was also paella, homemade pasta, fresh salmon cooked to order, fish cooked in parchment, salads, sliced meats, desserts, and many other things I've forgotten. The single best thing was the salmon. I was glad when the cook asked me how well I liked my fish done. Aside from the bisque and the salmon, nothing else was that good. I didn't pay the bill but whatever the cost was, it was not worth it. Everyone at the table felt the same and there were nearly 15 of us. There was also some misunderstanding about our reservation. We had called earlier in the day to make a reservation so they knew a large party was coming. We requested the specific area where we'd like to have our table and were told that it's no problem. When we showed up, they said they don't take reservations at all and demanded to know who we spoke with. Of course, we hadn't asked who we were speaking with but regardless, we didn't appreciate the accusatory tone and being made to feel like it's our fault. The hotel is beautiful but next time I go to Isla, I am doubtful I would eat here again.

• Visited November 2013