“Fabulous & huge outdoor sea swims”

Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres
Columbus Lobster Dinner Cruise in Cancun
Chester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fabulous & huge outdoor sea swims”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Best day! Whole family swam with dolphins (including my 3yr old) - wonderful experience! The dolphins have huge sea area to swim in & are obviously very happy and well looked after - which is why we chose to come here (it is my 2nd time to this location). Baby dolphins also there, along with manatees and sharks - best dolphin swim you will ever find, as they are in a much more natural environment in large sea area. Fabulous!

2 Thank HayleyMK

Cornwall, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing place. Best day trip ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The whole day was fabulous. Lots of time interacting with the dolphins. Great venue, too with good staff.

1 Thank MrsW1970
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Dolphin discovery was amazing. A group of six of us was teamed up with Marcus the trainer and two dolphins called valie and Atila. We each got to do a variety of tricks with the dolphins which we was also had the option to buy the pictures of us individually interacting with them. We got to stroke them, kiss them, dance with them, but that's not all, we did plenty more fun stuff with them far out in the water. so the reviews about just doing a couple tricks are LIES! Marcus was a amazing trainer he made us feel very relaxed and kept us well informed on the dolphins, he also had us laughing none stop, he helped make the experience perfect. I had a amazing experience, will never forget it. Thank u Marcus, valie and Atila.
P.s I do agree about the buffet not being good. Only bad point.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank N9JYmelissag
Sacramento, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Hmmm not at all what we were told”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

First off we used our resort credits from moon palace resort. I decided after reading some reviews on here to go ahead a surprise my family and upgrade us to VIP lounge. The lady in our lobby assured us it would take about an hour from moon palace to isla mujeres. So we began our journey 45 bus ride, got dropped at carnival dock, paid $8 per person dock fee and boarded a ferry for another 50 minute ride. We were irritated but it's ok, we were looking forward to VIP. And we then arrive at dolphin discovery, and the lady points us to the VIP area and tells us we are unable to use VIP private cabanas unless we all pay $50 more. No thanks. So into VIP area we go. I was embarrassed I had my tonnage son get into his swim trunks once I saw the VIP infinity pool. Lolol is this pool a joke? The regular pool was huge...this VIP pool is full once 6 adults get in, and it's 3 feet deep. Ummm there's nothing VIP about it. There is separate lockers in the VIP area, and 4 showers and restrooms. 2 restraunts....one serving international buffet and the other serves Mexican buffet. The Mexican side was good....not great, just good. International side was where there was supposed to be salmon, shrimp, meats.....and there wasn't. There was mystery fish that resembled tilapia, no sign to state what it really was though, fruit, calamari, veggies and a pasta, and of course nachos. No desserts at all. The drinks were good. So basically it was so hot outside we decided the $30 per person VIP upgrade basically covered a lousy meal and air conditioning. I must admit we didn't go to swim with dolphins or any other activity. So I have nothing to report about dolphin discovery activities. I will say I did ask a man that worked in the store there how much it would cost for me to swim with the manatees. He told me if I paid him $30 usd cash he would let me do the dolphin encounter and then throw in the manatees for free. Hmmm interesting, but I passed. We did the bicycle tour to the turtle farm. Which I reviewed the turtle farm and it was well worth the time and $3, amazing. But the bicycles.....very rusty and super sketchy. The tour guide from dolphin discovery took us as a tour and literally gave us a total of 15 minutes at the turtle farm. I would have stayed for at least 30 minutes....so I kept stalling cause 15 minutes was a ridiculous rush. I held up the group, we stayed for 20 minutes. The tour guide was mad, and that's to bad. He asked for tips at the end which we did not bother to tip him, he was rude and rushed us all, no one tipped him. Then we took the ferry from dolphin discovery to downtown isla mujeres and they offered dolphin discovery guests a golf cart rental for $16 instead of the $40 they normally charge. That was a yon of fun. If you go yo swim with dolphins at dolphin discovery you will more than likely have fun, but do not waste your money at all on VIP. Save your $30 per person, and take it downtown and get a fantastic meal at senior frogs, wish we had done that.

7 Thank Jetsetters916
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dolphin discovery isla mujeres sucks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Me and my family went to swim with dolphins at dolphin discovery isla mujeres, it was very price $ 120 per person and the session last 40 min with 20 more people, the dolphin kisses you, shaked your hand and jump, the pictures were 150 dls and the buffet wasn't good, They want to charge for everything and the service wasn't that good, I don't recommended this place at all.

Visited July 2014