“I don't WANT to write this review!”

Hotel Bucaneros Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I would love more than anything to keep this my quiet little secret but that would be a dis-service to Hotel Bucaneros. First of all, you have to understand where I'm coming from in order to make an educated decision as to whether this place is for you. I've BEEN to boutique hotels and I've BEEN to resorts where you pay too much money to be pampered in the confines of such places. They are generic, you can find them everywhere around the world and they certainly exist on Isla Mujeres. When I travel, I travel to experience new cultures. I want to stay in places that, hopefully, give me a better feel as to what the area is like. Hotel Bucaneros had everything I had hoped for. It's a romantic, charming old hotel that couldn't be better situated. Everyone was wonderful an unjaded by horrible tourists who expect all the modern conveniences of home. If you want the modern conveniences of home, then for God's sake, do us all a favor and STAY HOME or go to one of these characterless resorts I previously mentioned! This place makes you feel like you're in an old black and white movie. It could not have more charm and character and right now I am looking for the next opportunity to return. "Thank you" to the owners and staff of Hotel Bucaneros! See you again, soon, I hope!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the street are not for those looking to get to sleep early. This was not the case...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank John K

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Delightful no-frills hotel in the heart of Isla Mujeres on the main pedestrian shopping street. Excellent breakfast. Squeaky clean room. Very friendly and helpful staff. Many of the guests I met had returned over and over, and I can see why.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My family including my two children stayed at this hotel and enjoyed our stay. We stayed in #202. Large rooms with deck overlooking the night life. This room had all the amenities you needed including a great compliment breakfast each morning which we enjoyed. Great staff! The only thing that I would suggest is that if you are a lite sleeper avoid a room on this side as it was quite noisy in the evenings. Otherwise for the good price we paid we liked it here.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank 1345C
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Hotel Bucaneros is a lovely hotel right in the heart of Isla Mujeres. It is minutes away from North Beach, which is one of the best in the world. The rooms are clean and have a nice balcony--perfect for a evening drink or people watching. The staff are friendly, which is evident by the regular return guests.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

we had a great 9 night stay at bucaneros - we had originally booked another hotel on the island that had double booked when we arrived. we found bucaneros only intending to stay one night and ended up staying for our entire stay.

all the staff are friendly, we stayed in the new courtyard room at the back and it was the best room we had during our 7 week stay in mexico - clean, spacious, well appointed, peaceful (despite the hotel being in the busiest place on the island) and reasonably priced.

heartily recommended

Room Tip: we stayed in one of the 2 new rooms on the ground floor off the rear courtyard - they were quiet, pr...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I lived here for one week and loved it. I say lived here because I was provided an awesome breakfast included and met wonderful people who introduced me around isla mujeres that come to isla mujeres every year and live here for several months. The kitchen is nice and I enjoyed cooking and the coffee was soooo good from the local store. I thought my bed was great and the air conditioning was cold.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We ate supper two different nights here. Garlic fish with slices of garlic clove on it was delicious. As was the grilled chicken breast. Very friendly attentive waiters. Would highly recommend, also a less expensive option

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple