“Worth the Stop”

Ranked #12 of 219 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is decorated with reused and recycled materials, could be an example of that can do useful things with materials for some people is rubbish. Es el primer restaurante en Isla Mujeres hecho con materiales reciclados ademas de que cuenta con un menu exquisito de comida mexicana.
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Great little place to stop on a hot day for a cold beer, no waiting around like in most place you see till you get waited on. Enjoy the snack of the day, sit back and relax.

1  Thank garylaurance

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Once again, you have to go here more than once to try what's on the menu. The service is great and the food, even better. But if there's one thing you must order it's their Mango Margarita. Don't want to sound cliche, but it is what all mango margaritas want to be. Salud!

1  Thank Unkl_Nutzzy
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a great dinner at Green Verde. The mole enchiladas - we ordered one of each type - had great, complex flavors, each one very different from the others. They had a really fresh salad with grilled chicken strips, berries, nuts and goat cheese that was amazing and the kids were very happy with steak and chicken burritos (naturally, in green wrappers). We loved our margs (mango and regular) and the kids tried tamarind water and hibiscus water. Service was excellent and really friendly. We ate outside in the little courtyard but there are a few tables inside too where you can admire the handmade surroundings. Prices are reasonable and lower than other comparable places. Loved it!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Great service. Good margaritas. Chicken tacos and beans and rice were flavor full. Green sauce was good. Off of the north beach but neat place.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I am on Isla right now. I ate here Friday night and it was really good! I had the beef arrachera burrito. It comes wrapped in a green flour tortilla and it's lightly grilled. You can actually pick it up and eat it if you want- they make some of their items to work 'to-go' as they have a pick-up counter outside. This is one of those items. The beef was really flavorful and cooked just right. Served wrapped with a fresh slice of Oaxacan cheese (fresca) and a crisp slice of lettuce. I dipped it in the accompanying green verde sauce that is soooo good. The burrito is served with beans and rice, both of which are served in little edible corn tortilla bowls- love it!

You are served a small complimentary portion of fresh chips and homemade even verde salsa when you arrive. One of he reviewers said below they were not fresh. That is just not the case! They make the chips fresh daily. Sometimes I get one or two chips that are maybe overcooked, such is life when you make fresh chips. I appreciate the non-mass marketed appeal of this place. Not all of the chips are uniform or perfect in color. So what!

The entrees are simple and straightforward. No grease-bombs here! No smearing of red sauce on the side of the plate which is so common for meal presentations on Isla. Personally, I think it's tacky and overdone anyhow. I washed my meal down with not one but two mango margaritas. They are served in tin cups (think camping coffee mugs), which do an incredible job of keeping the drinks cold! This is an intentional and brilliant idea! The margs are large and very fresh- I won't complain of the giant chunks of mango getting stuck in my straw. It's a very sweet cocktail so instead of dessert I had two margs.

I have been here before and was served their mole trio dish- also simple in presentation but oh so delicious. Lovers of mole will surely appreciate his dish though it is an acquired taste for many.

I am not sure what others are expecting when they visit here. It's not prime season so many restaurants ARE slow this time of year. It doesn't mean it's a bad place. Not at all!

Considering it is 'slow' season for many of the restaurants not on the tourist strip that is Hidalgo, I was happy to see a few other diners when I arrived. Still, I'd like to see them attain more business. I think a slightly lower price for some meals (all dinner entrees are currently $130 pesos), and a few more months of getting the word out will help, as well as increasing their menu offerings.

Free wifi that is speedy. I appreciate no children's menu. The dining room is very small (though beautiful), and I could see how one rowdy child could easily ruin dinner for every other customer in the restaurant. Plenty of other places to go with kids on Isla... The service here is incredible. Attentive, not intrusive, they speak good English.

Try it once to experience regional cuisine from Mexico City. Nothing on Isla is perfect to everyone except the sunsets. I think this is a wonderful addition to Isla. Have a marg and enjoy the homemade furniture and recycled products. One of the co-owners created most everything in the restaurant by hand, including the tables and chairs.

Enjoy!