“Go Muchachitas!”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Go Muchachitas!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Sweet gals and lovely work. It was tricky to find but getting lost on Isla Mujeres is wonderful. We found some unusual pieces that made great gifts.
There are about 45 people in this group; 4 are fellows. Three generations of one family are beading and teaching others.
If you like leaving the tourists behind, this is for YOU.

1 Thank Kathryn B

White Lake, Michigan
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Things Just Keep Getting Better!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stopped by the bead coop on this trip to do some shopping and donate some beads to these wonderful women. I was impressed by the ongoing creative jewelry pieces and the selection just keeps increasing. I was also impressed by the ladies abilities to understand more English. Not that I think they should speak English but I am sure that many tourists with no Spanish might not take the time to check out the coop as they would not be able to communicate! I personally throw out my best (awful) Spanish, use hand gestures and write to get my point across...oh, and I smile REAL big the whole time. Anyways, my friend purchased several necklaces and a bracelet. I purchased a long beaded cord that I am going to use like a fashion scarf. I think it would also make a cute belt, if I was a belt person....I also noticed that they are now making Isla Mujeres bracelets out of seed beads which are adorable! Time to upgrade your jewelry on your next trip!!!!

1 Thank MommaDe070714
Minnesota
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“I respect the craft.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It's a small place that you my find something to buy, if you like this type of thing. I just didn't find it very interesting. Nice church next door to look at and say a prayer.

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Unique hRd working people”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

If you visit Isla Murejes you have to visit this area. These people art great artists who can produce some wonderful items.

New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Hidden behind carnival”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had a long hot walk searching for this place, though we had good directions. Right now it's hidden behind many many carnival rides, but it's there if you know where to find it. Beautiful jewelry and lovely to see the women there making it in front of you. You'll see similar beaded items all over the Yucatan but I felt much better paying them a lot more and knowing where it came from.

1 Thank S Y