“Perfect beach to find fun friends to play with”
Review of Playa Norte

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Antigua, Guatemala
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Perfect beach to find fun friends to play with”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Perfect white sand, turquoise water, calm waves, shallow for meters and meters! North beach is definitely the most popular beach on the island so I recommend getting there early if you want to find/buy shade. Lots of people come for the day from Cancun, including the friends I met. I was a little hesitant to play in the water without being attached to my parents, but then I saw all the other kids having such a great time in the water and on the beach and I wanted to join in. Before I knew it the waves (which were very small, but so am I) didn't even phase me. We were all singing and dancing in the water and then making sand castles on the beach. I didn't want to leave but believe it or not, I don't get everything I want.

Review written in the perspective of 14 month old- Stella.

1 Thank Stella Z

• Turkish first
Madison, New Jersey
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Lived Up to Expectations”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was by far one of the best beaches I have been to. The water was clear, calm and wonderful to swim in or simply float. Next time we visit Isla Mujeres we will stay closer to this beach so we can enjoy it more often.

1 Thank TheFiveTs
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Breathtaking!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at Privileges next door to Playa Norte and were here every day. This beach (and ours included in it) is the most stunning beach I have ever seen. White sand, turquoise water drinks and sun, you can't get any better than that.Sit and relax under a palm tree or in a cabana or get a massage on the beach. Laid back and relaxed.

Visited March 2014
St. Paul, MN
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“The beach of your tropical dreams”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Playa Norte is the beach of your tropical dreams... Fine white sand, palm trees lined, calm clean waters, easy to swim in, electric turquoise waters light it up in the morning, and pinks and oranges paint the sky at sunset. You can spend all day here hanging out, nibbling on delicious guacamole or ceviche served by the beach side bars/restaurants, enjoying cold tropical drinks brought to your beach chair. Best nibbles and drinks of what I have tried so far are from Zazil Ha at Nabalam hotel. But Buho's, Tarzan, Sunset Grill, Chi-Chis will do as well. Some even hang their hammocks between palm trees to take a nap. If you visit Isla, you will Playa Norte! I will be dreaming to going back...

msp
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“nice beach”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

nice beach, each area of lounges has different prices, be sure to barter with them. :)
Service is spotty, but friendly.

Visited February 2014