Casitas del Mar
Hotel Plaza Almendros(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$77
  • Pool
Na Balam Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
US$275
Official Hotel
US$729
US$709
Hotels.com
Hotel Kinich(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$82
Hotel Bucaneros Hotel & Suites(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$193
Hotel Bahia Chac Chi(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$97
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Rocamar(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$106
Maria's Kan-kin(Isla Mujeres)
US$177
US$173
All reviewsla gloriawonderful hostspatio watchinga short taxi rideturquoise seawould highly recommend staying herecomfortable bedcorner storesound of crashing waveseasy accessrestaurants within walking distancedirectly across the streetmain roadmid islandrestaurant recommendationsspent nightsevery morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I've been to the island numerous times, but this was my first experience at the 'Casitas'. I truly hope that it will not be the last. The hosts are particularly congenial and the rooms clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. Location was perfect for my stay and would truly be suitable for whatever you were there to do. I would highly recommend staying here to enhance your trip to the island!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank gosouth11
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Imagine lying in your bed and looking out your window at a palm tree, the Caribbean Sea, and hearing the waves crashing on the shore. If this is your picture of paradise, you must visit Isla Mujeres and stay at Casitas del Mar. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and well equipped. The owners, Bob and Joyce, live nearby and always available to offer advice/tips and fix any problems that may arise. We especially enjoyed the happy hours with guests in the other casitas and with Bob and Joyce. We recommend this accommodation for anyone who wants to be away from the hustle and bustle of Centro (but only a $2 cab ride away).

Teri and Garry (Canada)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kinookimaw526
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This was my first trip to Mexico and all the great tripadvisor reviews helped me decide on Casitas del Mar. The location was perfect for me – I wanted to be away from the main tourist area and to get to experience the local culture. I also wanted to have the breeze and to be able to see and hear the waves on the Caribbean side where the casitas are located.

As a solo female traveler I felt very comfortable and safe at the casitas and walking around the neighborhood of La Gloria. I walked or took cabs everywhere throughout my stay, and catching a cab really is as quick and easy as everyone says, and inexpensive.

I’ll echo the rest of the reviewers and say Joyce was wonderful to deal with right from the first contact. She made the booking/payment process very clear and simple, and then she emailed every kind of information a person could need to help plan.

The casita itself (I was in #4) was decorated in pretty colors and tiles in the kitchen, and of course was very clean. The casitas have very high ceilings that make them feel airy and spacious and I’m sure help with cooling. The wifi worked perfectly and I was able to use my tablet as much as I wanted, and there is cable TV with a surprisingly wide selection of channels. The AC worked great and has a remote control so you don’t even have to get up to adjust the temperature. There wasn't anything I found the casita was lacking, and all the basics were very nice: comfy bed and pillows, fluffy towels and linens that smelled nice (and not that industrial hotel laundry smell!), and a well-equipped little kitchen area with a huge water container – a really nice convenience.

Lastly I’ll say the Casitas seem to attract a really nice bunch of folks. There were 3 Canadian couples staying there when I arrived who were as friendly and welcoming as could be. There’s a shared patio in front and it’s fun to sit and watch the world go by: tourists on golf carts, people out for a walk down to the water, locals zipping by on mopeds, etc. I was in Isla Mujeres such a short time (4 nights) that I felt in a hurry to get out and see the sights and spend as much time swimming in that unbelievable turquoise water as I could, but I hope someday I get the opportunity to come back and spend more time just chilling out under a palapa on the patio!

p.s. the pictures others have posted are very accurate... only the water is even more incredibly blue in person!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank littlepanthers
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Casitas del Mar. The accommodation itself was great - lovely decor inside with a very comfortable bed, small kitchen with cooking utensils and bathroom with nice warm shower. The hosts were very friendly and helpful - even picking up and storing some of luggage while we made a side trip to Merida. They made us feel very much at home and Bob was very entertaining! The location is just on the edge of la Gloria, a Mexican village with more and more places being fixed up. Close to great eating at La Bruja (try the grouper from Veracruz coated with garlic). You can walk to the north beach or take a taxi - quite reasonable - or go to the beach club at Castilla de Garifon where you only pay approximately $5 and you have access to the Garifon reef. Forgot to mention that the cleaning lady does a super job! Also a wonderful view of the Caribbean which is very relaxing.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda L
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We loved our stay at Casitas der Mar. Great location and very accessible to many wonderful restaurants such as Limon, La Bruja and Mango Cafe. Walking distance to Super Express or a short cab ride to larger grocery store Chedraui. This was our first time to Isla Mujeres so information from Joyce was very helpful. There is also a binder in each casita with lots of information. I liked the quieter location and you could catch a cab about a block away for $3 to downtown [Centro]. Joyce and Bob are wonderful hosts and the property is well maintained. The kitchen is well stocked with everything you need blender, toaster, hot plate, dishes. Leti the housekeeper is thorough and accommodating and such a nice lady.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple