“Too noisy”

Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Kelowna, Canada
“Too noisy”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed at Suites Los Arcos and have nothing bad to say about the Hotel but you can NEVER get any sleep with the 2 Restaurant/Bars across the street.One place plays Techno music so loud until after 3AM that just goes on and on with loud thumping Bass.The other Boutique Bar can play music and have very loud patrons until after 5AM.Even after shutting our sliding doors and putting on the Air Conditioning for the white noise we could still not sleep at all.If you are thinking of staying at Suites Los Arcos you might as well just stay up and party with them until 5AM cause you won't get any sleep.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank C P

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2011

We stayed here for four nights and the place is perfect.

The rooms are large and come equipped with a large ceiling fan, air con, fridge, microwave, kitchen sink, safe, TV, double bed, table and chairs and a bathroom with a great shower.

We also had a balcony looking out onto the main street.

The woman on the desk originally asked for 700 pesos per night but we got her to go down to 600 pesos.

The rooms also have free wifi.

I would definitely recommend thus place to anyone visiting the island!

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank LeedsEmily
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 February 2011

I stayed in Suites los Arcos on a solo trip over New Years 2010-2011. The room was clean and ready when I arrived and the staff, though they spoke little english, was helpful when I needed it. Pluses to this place include the very central location, sweet little balcony (if you're on a street side room), cable TV, free Wi-Fi and kitchenette. Downsides are that it can (not often, but occasionally) be loud staying on the main street, the staff speaks little/no english and is therefore difficult to get help from, and the doors are not very sturdy and only had a lock on the knob. I met lots of people on my trip- some staying at places which were comparable in quality but with a worse location- but a slightly better price. I would stay in Suites Los Arcos again, but I am also interested in trying Las Palmas- it was booked for my entire trip and was very charming. Also- I had to ask for the password for the Wi-Fi- it wasn't advertised, but they were happy to provide it as soon as I got across what I was looking for.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Waldolover05
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Stayed at Los Arcos over the Christmas and New Year holidays. Had a first floor room on the back of the hotel. It had a nice bathroom, refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave and a large balcony. The mattress was comfortable although the sheets and pillows were a bit flimsy. By being on the back of the hotel, we didn't get the Hidalgo street noise. Very clean and friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Madison WI
Reviewed 22 November 2010

This was 2nd time I stayed at the Suites Los Arcos. This is a nice and clean hotel. The rooms have a table, fridge, coffee maker and some basic kitchen utensils. The location is great for the price. It is located right in the middle of the main street on the island and close to many restaurants and bars. It is only 2 or 3 blocks from the beach, and by the way Playa Norte it is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen! My only complaint I have is that one morning (4 am) I woke up to blaring music and thumping base. The people across the street (on top of the restaurant, Amigos) were having a huge party. It finally ended around 6:00. I talked to others in the hotel and they were all awakened by the loud music.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Come and visit before booking into an expensive resort. We found this be accident, its central, quiet, very clean and has alot to offer. We arrived said we would be staying four night and they charged us $400pesos, amazing. No issues, no problems!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 January 2010

We chose Suites Los Arcos based on the trip advisor reviews and it was perfect. We went in the low season and for $65 a night we got a comfortable bed, clean room, fridge, coffee maker, microwave, utensils and cups and paper plates, a deck, and air conditioning. It was right on the main street so all we had to do for dinner was fall out of the hotel door and there were restaurants everywhere. It was a nice little family run place and very clean and friendly. We went in the low season (when it is almost unbearably humid) so the island wasn't crowded at all so we didn't experience any noise issues that some other people have complained about. I don't even know if there were other people in the hotel--we didn't see any. Overall it is a great value for the money. Perfect place to go for a nice tropical vacation on a budget.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple