“We will be back!”

Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
colorado
“We will be back!”
Reviewed 26 March 2008

We stayed two nights in March and were very pleased. I made these reservations last September by emailing the hotel directly. Before we arrived, I checked with the owner to make sure they were expecting us. We even arrived on the last ferry after 11pm. I had let them know we could be late. The owner's english is good but he isn't usually at the desk. The other desk attendants have some trouble understanding english. They had to call the owner to make sure we had a reservation. They were happy to assist us with bringing our luggage up 3 floors. We had asked for a king suite in back and we were very pleased with it. We've stayed in a couple of places on the island and this is absolutely the cleanest hotel. We found it to be pretty sound proof except for the loud music that continues through most of the night from the nightclubs. We liked having a coffee pot and air conditioning. We were at peak season and paid $75 a night for a king suite. No one in the area tried to sell us anything (like a previous reviewer) although there were some kids hanging around outside at night. There aren't many good options on this island so I'm sure we will be back.

• Liked — clean, nicely updated, air conditioned
  • Disliked — Music thorough the night and 3 long flights of steps
  • Stayed March 2008

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 22 March 2008

Booked 3 nights through Orbitz/Cheap Tickets and paid in advance way over what the hotel charges directly. When we arrived, despite the fact that we had a written confirmation and receipts of what we paid, they said they never heard of us or our reservation. Let us stay one night and then booked us in another hotel where accommodations were not nearly as nice. After moving to the second hotel and protesting loudly, they suddenly had a cancellation and let us move back to Los Arcos for a second night, but reminded us each time we passed the desk that we had to leave the next morning. Called customer service at Orbitz, but no response. They put us on hold twice for long periods and then never returned to the line. After all this stress, we decided to leave the Island and return home from our vacation early. Three different hotel rooms in a ten hour period was not our idea of a good time. After we had changed our airline tickets and as we were rolling our suitcases out the door to leave, they decided that we could stay one more night if we moved to another room. We declined. I called Orbitz several times since I got home without satisfaction. I doubt that I will ever see that money again so my advice is not to book over the internet with Orbitz--deal with the hotels directly.--especially in Mexico.
The hotel was clean, but noisy the night we had a room on the street side.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ladytraveler60
Minnesota
Reviewed 10 March 2008

My son and I stayed at the Los Arcos Suites in Isla and loved the location to the beach and the hotel rooms were very, very clean. The staff was nice and having a kitchenette was great. The major drawback was the noise. For two nights there was loud banging above us and the staff had different stories about what it was. They kept saying the next night would be better. Then when that stopped, a new disco across the street played loud, loud music until 5 am. The rooms don't seem sound proof as I could hear everything from the hallway and the other rooms. I love the island and the people, but I didn't sleep all vacation and would not stay there again for the noise level.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — noise during the night
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
ontario
Reviewed 30 January 2008

This was our third year in a row staying on Isla. 2006 at the Cristalmar , 2007 with our 3 teens we booked the penthouse at Nautibeach and now my husband and I have just returned from Los Arcos suites.. We traveled with another couple (their first trip to Isla) from Jan21-Jan27/08. The rooms were great, just what we needed, a small kitchenette, king or queen bed (kind of hard) small balcony over main street (Av. Hidalgo), the rooms were kept quite clean and it was just a short stroll to get anywhere.. Now, for our huge dislike, we were constantly asked if we would like to purchase drugs, this only seemed to be in the same block as Los Arcos and from the young men working in the shops below and close to the hotel..We, of course would be back and forth from our rooms many times a day and were contantly asked if we wanted to buy cigars, when the answer was no, then we were asked if we wanted to buy weed or blow...and this went on many times a day and every day we were there...Very, Very bothersome. We also witnessed some type of raid that took place a Ppe's golf carts (across the road from losArcos) by the AFI , and they had the BIG guns out.. !!!! The AFI didn't seem to arrest anyone but did some searching and questioning..also witnessed a couple of fights (agruments ) between shop owners and their teenage boys that work in the shops (and sell drugs) . Overall we had another great Isla vacation , and Los Arcos is a nice small hotel , but we will not stay there again, It's too bad that a few are ruining that block on Hidalgo..

• Liked — price, large clean rooms
  • Disliked — drug dealers in the area
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jhontario
New York
Reviewed 27 January 2008

We've stayed there twice and are going to book again for this year. It's right in the middle of town and it's a 5 minute walk to the beach. What could be better?
They even have a computer in the lobby with internet access for the guests.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
We booked through the Lost Oasis website last time but if you go to www.suiteslosarcos.com you can book directly with the hotel and save some money.

• Liked — Cheap and close to town and beach
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank HereNYC
San Diego, California
Reviewed 25 December 2007

I was planning a 10 day getaway by myself to experience Isla Mujeres. I searched high and low, looking at beachside hotels and downtown hotels. Having never been there and not knowing anyone who had I just went with my gut. I emailed Los Arcos directly and was pleased at the $55 a nt rate they quoted. Compared to all the other places that, I imagined, would be filled with honeymooners and the like, I opted for Los Arcos. Great Location on Hidalgo, restaurants outside the hotel, great staff, big rooms, tv, refrig, microwave, free internet. 10 days later, I'm happy with my decision. It''s exactly what I expected and more. Very safe and clean.
I must say that I fell in love with Isla. My kinda place. SO much to do and see.

• Liked — location and service.. rate, too.
  • Disliked — no bar or pool
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
4 Thank wjorman
Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 July 2007

We stayed in Cancun from June 23-27 and then took the ferry over to Isla Mujeres and stayed at Los Arcos Suites from the 27-30.This hotel is right in the middle of town.You can sit out on your balcony and watch all of the action going on around you.As far as the room's go the air conditioning and ceiling fan worked really well in keeping the room at a very nice temperature considering how very hot is was outside.I think they should put a more comfortable mattress on the bed and invest in some better pillow's and linen's.Other than that the room's were alway's nice and clean.We would go to the grocery store and buy water and beer to put in the mini-fridge.It kept everything very cold.There were several very good restaurant's close by.The Bamboo is the place to go for the best steak,lobster,shrimp and chicken on the island.They also serve a great breakfast.Rolandi's and the place directly across from the Bamboo serve the best pizza.We went to Jax several times for bucket's of corona for $6.00.They serve very good appetizer's and a good ceasar salad.The Sunset Grill also served very good food.Isla Mujeres in my opinion had some great restaurant's with plenty of different choices for everyone.We rented our golf cart from Ciro's.Make sure you bargain for a better rate if you keep your cart for more than one day.Also make sure they give you a copy of the receipt showing how much you paid and for how many day's you are keeping the golf cart.They tried to charge us extra when we returned the cart but luckily we had our receipt.All in all Isla Mujeres is a great place to visit .Almost everthing is easy to get to and there is alway's something to do.I would probably stay at one of the other hotel's on the beach next time just because it was hard to find a place to lounge on the beach without being charged a ridiculous price to buy drink's or rent lounge chair's from one of the vendor's.I hope everyone takes the time to visit Isla Mujeres at least once.It's a great experience.

• Liked — In the middle of all of the action.
  • Disliked — The hard mattress and pillow's.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family