“Suites, Los Arcos”
Review of Los Arcos Suites

Los Arcos Suites
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed 12 January 2009

Hotel is very clean and very well maintained. That being said we secured our cash and passports in the safe that was provided in the rooms, but this is what was taken from our room while we were out on our first night there. 1 carton of cigarretts, 1 bottle of liquor, that was unopened, his shaving kit, my hair products, shampoo, etc. the remote for the airconditioner in our room and a pair of earings. There is a security camera at the end of the hall & I was told it was not working at the time. As I was providing a list to the front desk another guest was checking out and he had the same experience on the same day. This was unacceptable to me. I have never had this experience in Isla and I have been many times. I do not know if I would trust to stay there again!

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank striderman

Reviewed 9 January 2009

My husband and I have been to Isla Mujeres 3 times now and we always stay at Suites Los Arcos. The location is the best - right on 'restaurant row', which is just 3 blocks from the beachfront.
The rooms are basic, but always in good condition and clean. There's AC, a table, queen size bed and even a balcony.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank LostCanadian
Reviewed 25 July 2008

Great place with friendly staff and unbelievably clean rooms! Very central and convenient. Every morning, after some breakfast, we walked two blocks to rent a golf cart, enjoyed the whole day all over Isla, and returned in the evening to enjoy the nightlife! Perfect solution for only $50 - $65USD/night. Can't wait to go back very soon!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VivaIsla
Reviewed 26 March 2008

We stayed two nights in March and were very pleased. I made these reservations last September by emailing the hotel directly. Before we arrived, I checked with the owner to make sure they were expecting us. We even arrived on the last ferry after 11pm. I had let them know we could be late. The owner's english is good but he isn't usually at the desk. The other desk attendants have some trouble understanding english. They had to call the owner to make sure we had a reservation. They were happy to assist us with bringing our luggage up 3 floors. We had asked for a king suite in back and we were very pleased with it. We've stayed in a couple of places on the island and this is absolutely the cleanest hotel. We found it to be pretty sound proof except for the loud music that continues through most of the night from the nightclubs. We liked having a coffee pot and air conditioning. We were at peak season and paid $75 a night for a king suite. No one in the area tried to sell us anything (like a previous reviewer) although there were some kids hanging around outside at night. There aren't many good options on this island so I'm sure we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 22 March 2008

Booked 3 nights through Orbitz/Cheap Tickets and paid in advance way over what the hotel charges directly. When we arrived, despite the fact that we had a written confirmation and receipts of what we paid, they said they never heard of us or our reservation. Let us stay one night and then booked us in another hotel where accommodations were not nearly as nice. After moving to the second hotel and protesting loudly, they suddenly had a cancellation and let us move back to Los Arcos for a second night, but reminded us each time we passed the desk that we had to leave the next morning. Called customer service at Orbitz, but no response. They put us on hold twice for long periods and then never returned to the line. After all this stress, we decided to leave the Island and return home from our vacation early. Three different hotel rooms in a ten hour period was not our idea of a good time. After we had changed our airline tickets and as we were rolling our suitcases out the door to leave, they decided that we could stay one more night if we moved to another room. We declined. I called Orbitz several times since I got home without satisfaction. I doubt that I will ever see that money again so my advice is not to book over the internet with Orbitz--deal with the hotels directly.--especially in Mexico.
The hotel was clean, but noisy the night we had a room on the street side.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ladytraveler60
Reviewed 10 March 2008

My son and I stayed at the Los Arcos Suites in Isla and loved the location to the beach and the hotel rooms were very, very clean. The staff was nice and having a kitchenette was great. The major drawback was the noise. For two nights there was loud banging above us and the staff had different stories about what it was. They kept saying the next night would be better. Then when that stopped, a new disco across the street played loud, loud music until 5 am. The rooms don't seem sound proof as I could hear everything from the hallway and the other rooms. I love the island and the people, but I didn't sleep all vacation and would not stay there again for the noise level.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2008

This was our third year in a row staying on Isla. 2006 at the Cristalmar , 2007 with our 3 teens we booked the penthouse at Nautibeach and now my husband and I have just returned from Los Arcos suites.. We traveled with another couple (their first trip to Isla) from Jan21-Jan27/08. The rooms were great, just what we needed, a small kitchenette, king or queen bed (kind of hard) small balcony over main street (Av. Hidalgo), the rooms were kept quite clean and it was just a short stroll to get anywhere.. Now, for our huge dislike, we were constantly asked if we would like to purchase drugs, this only seemed to be in the same block as Los Arcos and from the young men working in the shops below and close to the hotel..We, of course would be back and forth from our rooms many times a day and were contantly asked if we wanted to buy cigars, when the answer was no, then we were asked if we wanted to buy weed or blow...and this went on many times a day and every day we were there...Very, Very bothersome. We also witnessed some type of raid that took place a Ppe's golf carts (across the road from losArcos) by the AFI , and they had the BIG guns out.. !!!! The AFI didn't seem to arrest anyone but did some searching and questioning..also witnessed a couple of fights (agruments ) between shop owners and their teenage boys that work in the shops (and sell drugs) . Overall we had another great Isla vacation , and Los Arcos is a nice small hotel , but we will not stay there again, It's too bad that a few are ruining that block on Hidalgo..

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple