“Excellent Stay”
Review of Luna d'Miel

Luna d'Miel
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Luna d'Miel August 17-24th. The room was clean and adequate for our needs. There is a small fridge, coffee maker, microwave along with cups and plates. The A/C worked perfectly during our stay. We stayed at room #2 and the WiFi there work well if you sit by your bed or the sofa. There is also a small pool outside that can be used by the guests. Isabel, the owner, was very helpful and was a pleasure to work with. The location is also a plus for this small hotel. It's located about 15 minutes from downtown. We felt safe all the time we stayed there and would definitely recommend to our friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 August 2013

great room with beautiful views. Isabel was such a great hostess that always made sure the room was clean . stayed for 9 nights and never had a problem . AC was so cold had to turn off at times . Hot water was excellent . will stay on our next trip ...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John J
Reviewed 7 August 2013

It isn't a 5 star hotel for sure but we were the only ones there for almost whole week. Only 3 rooms. Stay by office if you want wifi. We didn't have a toilet seat for a day and half but we got one! Hot water was hit and miss but we would still stay there again. See sunrise and sunset from there. Actually stayed there in March 2012 but wouldn't let me put that down.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TracynEric
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The location is extraordinary for the price! With your own terrace on the sea,you can sleep to the sound of the waves and get to observe local iguanas who come to sunbathe on the rocks. The room is quiet,spacious and well-appointed,the bed huge and comfortable,the cleaning impeccable,and the cable tv even shows some English speaking channels.The water in the shower is barely warm and has little pressure,as almost everywhere in Mexico,but is enough to cool you down when needed...

Unfortunately,my luck ran out when I checked in:both the internet and the air-con broke down.I was ready to accept no email or Facebook for 2 days,but the extreme heat in the room kept me sleepless on the first night.The charming owner was very professional and offered me a refund on the second night ,which fortunately felt cooler with a wide open window to enjoy the sea breeze. However,since it is facing East,the first rays of sunshine brought in the scorching heat...Also beware you're about 20 minutes walk away from the village and its restaurants. Rent a golf-cart if you're not too keen on walking in 35 C degrees tropical heat! Overall I liked the place and it is good value for money.And Isla Mujeres is definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Make sure the air-conditioning works when you check in!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank JacquesMS
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at Luna d'Miel, our room was nice and clean. There was a little pool to cool off but the beach is not a swimming beach. The wireless only worked outside the front of the building which was the side away from the hammock and the sea and there were a lot of bugs
there so it's not really comfortable. The kitchen equipment leaves a lot to be desired. The microwave smoked when we tried to use it and there were no sharp knives and no forks.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank EricaCawdry
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Took me forever to write this, but reading over the reviews again makes me want to contribute! :) My mom and I stayed here in April this year, and I think I've found my favorite 'spot'. I usually like to stay at different places every trip, but maybe not anymore! We stayed in Room 3, nearest the office. 2 queen beds, microwave, coffee pot, dishes/flatware for 4 people, plenty of closet space with 4 built in drawers, small flat screen TV (never turned it on), AC (rarely used), decent water pressure in the shower. Towels changed every other day, along with cleaning. We kept the back sliding door and the front door open whenever we were in the room, and the breeze was amazing! There was plenty of room on the back patio, with 2 lounge chairs per room. There were also a few more lounge chairs on a covered wooden deck by the small pool. Pool is only about 4 ft. deep, and about 10x8. It was perfect for just cooling off, or floating in the sun. The beach is right at your backdoor, and the sound of the waves was so relaxing. We went every morning to pick up sea glass, and found some great stuff! Water shoes are a must! I spent most of my time in the hammock out back. (Each room has one outside the sliding door). For a couple of nights, there were other people in the adjoining rooms, but it still felt very private. Isabel (owner/manager) is probably one of the nicest people I have ever met, and is a fantastic hostess! She is only there from about 12 or 1 p.m. until 6 or 7 p.m. There is a number to call if anything goes wrong. Definately can't be beat for the price!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank heynurse1999
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Nice & comfortable but a bit far from everything - you must use taxis or rent a bike/golf cart, and that is an additional cost to consider.. You should also take in consideration that theres nobody in the front desk a lot of the hours of the day..

• Stayed: April 2013