“Fabulous yoga retreat in paradise...”
Review of Casa Sirena Hotel

Casa Sirena Hotel
Ranked #1 of 38 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Merida, Mexico
“Fabulous yoga retreat in paradise...”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Just got back from a three day yoga retreat at this incredible boutique hotel. The hotel is a real treat, unique local art at every turn and each room is appointed beautifully. The staff is so quiet and efficent that you feel like you are in a private home. And don't even get me started on the gourmet breakfast...I never wanted to leave. Unfortunately, Steve was out of town but Kate managed the hotel spendidly and kept us in fine yoga form twice a day. She should consider doing that full time!! It is my new favorite place in Mexico!!

Room Tip: Noise is not an issue so all rooms are very quiet...most comfortable bed ever!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I travelled for the first time by myself out of country and felt perfectly safe at the hotel and on Isla Mujeres. The host and accomodations were excellent. The island was magical. I fell in love with island, the people.....everything! Happy Hour each evening brought new friends. I will return to both Isla and Casa Sirena as soon as I can!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank KissedbyMexico
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Home away from home only better! The ambiance, food, host, location all top notch. Highly recommend Csa Sirena. We loved it so much we are going back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Steve is a wonderful host who attends to all details big and small to ensure a comfortable, enjoyable stay for all. Beach bags and bottled water in every room. Daily happy hour with can't miss margaritas. Delicious local breakfasts. Ready guidance to the best restaurants, beaches and attractions. Great conversation. Rooftop bar and hammocks.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JahmekyaGyal
Kansas City
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This was our 4th consecutive visit, and it was absolutely the best yet! This casa is starting to feel like our 2nd home. We stayed in Rm #1 (our goal is to stay in all rooms) where we thoroughly enjoyed the balcony and of course the most comfy bed and spacious bathroom. New addition to the B&B is the very pratical beach bags we used literally, every day! Of course the breakfast is to die for, happy hour is something to look forward to after a siesta from playing all day long, and Steven Broin is the most gracious Innkeeper you can imagine. Thank You Steven for the memories and keep up the good work.!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WKC_62
Georgia USA
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Just returned from a 5 night stay at Casa Sirena - the perfect spot for our stay on Isla Mujeres. Comfortable, charming room, gracious service, good food, and an outdoor patio for early morning and late afternoon reading. Each room is outfitted with an Ipod player, small refrigerator, beach bag and towels, candles, and robes. It is this kind of attention to detail that makes Casa Sirena standout. This is a smart, well-priced alternative to typical hotels and resorts on a quiet street in downtown, a 5 minute walk from the ferry dock and ten minutes from Playa Norte - one of the most beautiful beaches anywhere in the world! We enjoy staying in places that reflects the culture of the place we're visiting and Casa Sirena does that beautifully.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fhGeorgia
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I actually went back to Casa Sirena for the third time in January this year, staying for a full 10 days this time. I haven't had a chance to sit down and review it since, but just referred another friend to go and it made me miss it all over again, as I sat and recounted all the reasons it was, I am sure, the perfect spot for his vacation.

In January, I stayed in a new room - the one I'd coveted since my first trip - room 6, with a gorgeous view of the Caribbean, which was fantastic. In the meantime, I also got to see that Steve's continued doing great work on the house, adding a big deck area to room 1, where I'd stayed before, and making a bigger breakfast area downstairs, since happy hour has moved upstairs (where it's protected by the roof deck above and a serious wind door from the winds that come off the Caribbean at night some nights).

Steve was great, as usual, and I met a number of wonderful people, had many long conversations over breakfast before heading out to read on the beach, or upstairs in the hammocks. This trip, there was also the addition of an opportunity to go to Lorena's just a bit down the island for an incredible four or five course dinner that made me curse with delight when each new course came out (even more so as I was eating). I also snuck off with my companion one day and caught Lorena's bakery open. I got a croissant that was so good, I walked into a low branch on a tree as I ate it because I wasn't focusing on anything but the croissant.

I continue to recommend Casa Sirena to friends and coworkers (maybe more than I should if I want to be able to go back) and my friends and I are plotting to rent out the full house if we can ever get free at the same time. I am counting the months until I can return.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends