“CasaSirenaParadise”

Ranked #2 of 40 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
CasaSirena
“CasaSirenaParadise”
Reviewed 9 January 2008

I stayed at Casa Sirena with 5 of my best friends for our 40th Birthday. I've traveled through out the Carribean and have never had such a wonderful trip. As mentioned in the other reviews the happy hours (they lasted for hours each night) and the wonderful breakfasts were great. The hospitality and personal attention made the trip extra special with Daniel even bringing a Mexican Birthday cake to our last happy hour. We met fabulously fun people while visiting and every one of us had an absolutely great time. Steve and Daniel were absolutely the best hosts - thanks again!

• Liked — Absolutely Everything
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 8 January 2008

Isla Mujeres would not have been the same had we stayed anywhere other than Casa Sirena.

In my opinion, Steve has created a perfect experience for travelers who aren't dragging children along with them.

The full breakfast reflects the gastronomic Mexican heritage of the island and sets a perfect stage for a full and relaxing day on Isla Mujeres.

Happy Hour further complements the experience and allows guests to have more time to mingle and share their day's memories and night's plans.

In short, this is one of the best B&B experiences we have ever had.

Here's to the wonderful couples we met there: Ede and Robert, David and Jeremy, Brigette and Rebecca, Rick and Bruce, and of course La Princesa Deb, as well as Carol from Pullman.

Congratulations, Steve, for creating a fantastic inn.

Susannah and Jeff

• Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jayschool
SirenaSteve, Owner at Casa Sirena Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2008
And special thanks to Jeff from all of the hotel guests for hosting that memorable "Mojito Madness" happy hour!

Steve
Vernon, BC
Reviewed 8 January 2008

I stayed at Casa Sirena for six nights over Christmas 2007. I traveled with my son and daughter, ages 21 and 23. It was a wonderful experience.
The hotel is charming and so well kept. We had rooms 4+5. We were all extremely pleased with the accommodations. The rooms are very clean, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. The beds were comfortable. The staff always had a smile.

Steve was the perfect host. He enjoys his job and seems to genuinely care about his guests. He willingly helped us deal with missing luggage by making phone calls and even lending my son some summer clothes until our luggage arrived. He was very thoughtful in accommodating my daughters request for vegetarian food. When we left, he arranged a car rental for us in Cancun.

Breakfasts were delicious and happy hour was so much fun. On Christmas Eve Steve hosted a fabulous open house with hotel guests and friends from the island invited. He served an amazing buffet with hot turkey and ham and some special local dishes. We felt very lucky to be included as part of the community.

We loved the location of the hotel. A block from the bustle and fun of Hidalgo and a short walk to the beach.

I am a fussy person and I found nothing to complain about at Casa Sirena. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family and I would love to stay there again if I have the good fortune to return to Isla Mujeres.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank queendarlene
Chicagoland
Reviewed 6 January 2008

I'm finding it difficult to write this review without sounding completely redundant. It's a challenge because what the other reviewers have said is all true.
Being a "detail girl" myself, I was immediately impressed by Casa Sirena. Steve has created an environment of warmth, comfort and style. Although the site is rich in history, it does not have that museum/inaccessible feel. In fact, the vibe is quite the opposite.
My husband and I love Isla Mujeres and plan to return as often as possible. I admit to being tempted to NOT recommend Casa Sirena, in hopes of finding a vacancy when we need one!
I do want to give a shout out to the staff. Jose rocks the breakfast, kids. No question about that. I am a bit of a clean freak, and the housekeeping staff does an outstanding job.
We were only able to reserve four nights, so had to move elsewhere for the remainder of our stay. I'll let the fact that we returned to CS each day after checkout speak for itself. (And since my husband has already outed me to Steve, yes, I did cry-just a little.)
The experience was that good. Believe it.

• Liked — This line is not big enough to list it all.
  • Disliked — I'll let you know if I think of something.
New York
Reviewed 6 January 2008

My partner and I stayed at Casa Sirena in July and absolutely fell in love with the place. We immediately booked it for New Year's upon our return to NYC.

The 2nd time was as good as the first time! It was like we had never left the island. And being that it was New Years, it was even better! Steve, the owner, brought in the New Year with a party on the roof of Casa Sirena for his friends and guests. Even with the festivities going on around the island, our room remained cozy and romantic - perfect for those days where you've had too much sun, shopping, eating, and the occasional hangover which, by the way, can be cured the next morning with the Casa Sirena's breakfasts! I highly suggest staying there on Friday mornings for the chicken enchiladas - Mmmmmm.....

• Liked — Hospitality, Decor, Location, Breakfast.
  • Disliked — Some rooms had difficulty receiving internet signals though there is a computer with internet downstairs for guests to use. Not a big deal - why would you want to work when you are on vacation anyway?
Texas
Reviewed 3 January 2008

Magestic sunrises on the roof,
cafe' with senor ichiban gato,
Steve in the courtyard,
early morning strolls down quiet streets,
waves, waves, peaceful waves,
sounds of children waking,
birds singing,
"Holas" while passing,
smiles and laughter on the way to school,
fresh juice being squeezed
breakfast creations, spices, aromas,
sensory overload,
the city wakes and it's a beautiful day on Isla.

If your idea of a dream vacation is a huge resort with bellmen and maids and activities like "bingo for the gringo" and late night disco, and loud music around the pool starting at 8:00 am along with all inclusive all you can eat with 10 or 20 buffets, cheap beer and cocktails, and lots of people, then you need to stay at a resort in cancun and have a blast, and visit Isla on a day trip and go to the beach (don't forget your wristband!) . Read no further. You will not enjoy Casa Sirena. That's not a bad thing, it's just the truth.

If you are the least bit stimulated by any of the opening statements above, you probably are not only an Isla person, but quite possibly a Casa Sirena person. If you can live without television (seriously), read on. If not, thanks for reading this far.
Have a happy New Year, and move on to another site.

So, now that we've established you're reading about the right place, have you got a vacation in store for you!!!!!

Isla Mujeres is the perfect example of "old mexico". The people are quite friendly and very glad to have visitors who come to visit and respect their home. They are very family oriented, as you will see from the roof-top of Casa Sirena. You can view life from that roof-top. I could spend a week on that roof-top.

Steve is the propriator of Casa Sirena, and, like the magical genie of Aladdin's lamp, your wish is his desire. He can help you have the vacation of a lifetime. His attention to detail is exquisite. That will be obvious as soon as you step across the threshold of the casa. He is the perfect host. He is also a pretty cool running buddy. What a life. Steve, I SO envy you. I promise you this: if you talk to Steve and put yourself in his hands, you will be amazed at the magical vacation you will experience. i don't need to rave about the food, or the happy hour, since many others have, and I agree, you won't find better. What I want you to come away with after reading this review, is this: Casa Sirena is a magical place where friends and relationships are made, relaxation is second nature, and beauty of nature and Isla abound. Take the time to visit Isla and Casa Sirena. You will come away rejuvinated, with a new outlook on life. Isn't that what a vacation is all about?

• Liked — the attention to detail everywhere
  • Disliked — really now, have you not been paying attention? Nothing, silly.
2 Thank Txislandgirl
Toronto
Reviewed 31 December 2007

This is an excellent little hotel right in the heart of funky Isla Mujeres. Steve, the owner, runs his place as a labour of love and it shows. He could not have done more to make sure our stay was comfortable and fun . Thank you for a very relaxing few days .

Breakfast - Excellent in every way . Good coffee, healthy fruit plate and cooked fresh to order.

Rooms- could not have been nicer. Spacious , spotless with a gorgeous bathroom . Steve provides a cell phone for use on the island . There is also WIFI in the house and a computer. You may want to bring your laptop . I enjoyed surfing the net in the courtyard patio and also rented a couple of english DVD movies from the local store . (No T.V in room )

"Happy Hour" - check out the website for pics . It's fun, friendly and a great way to make new friends.

Facilities - There are two small plunge pools and a beautiful roof terrace with a panoramic view of Isla Mujeres . It's quiet and peaceful .

Location - It's right in the village , but a five minute walk to the water and close to the main beach of the island. We followed all Steve's suggestions for dinner and activities on the island. It's the best plan as he is well connected .

The greatest thing about Casa Sirena is that you feel part of the "family". There's an honour system for the bar , Steve can arrange for golf car rentals , trips etc and he really makes sure you have everything you need to make your stay as easy as possible. We had our laundry picked up at the hotel and delivered back within a few hours neatly folded , when it was time to leave , Steve drove us to our next hotel and made sure we were safely checked in . Small things can make a big impact and that's the difference with Casa Sirena . It's not your flashy Cancun all inclusive , it offers a different pace of vacation that is more low key and understated .

Suggestion - Take as little luggage as possible. It's a nuisance on the ferry over to the island and Casa Sirena has a narrow , winding staircase. You will not need much - a bathing suit, flip flops and shorts will suffice. If you have mobility problems, ask for a room on the first floor. However, it's not a big deal ,my mother had knee surgery and we were fine in room number 6 on the second floor.

See you again Steve ! Moira and Celia

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family